Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Trying to create a loop… Peak content
  • Pook

Which goes from Sheffield Centre, takes in that ace drop on Stanage Edge, and doesn't end in tonnes of road riding.

So far I've got this bit of the loop (and I'm not averse to a train back to Sheff)….

Sheffield, Porter Clough, Redmires Resevoir, Stanage Pole, drop down to the plantation….

Then I get stuck in a ton of roads and footpaths. Is the path down by the toilets a bridleway now? I'd heard it was changing?

Anyway – your suggestions more than welcome….

MartynS

Is the path down by the toilets a bridleway now? I'd heard it was changing?

was there a few weeks ago walking, and I'm sure I saw bridleway signs on that track….

Baldysquirt

It is, but it stops not much further down and becomes a footpath.

There are both Bamford Clough and, I think, Hurst clough that both take you down into Bamford.

One option then would be to nip through to Thornhill and up the Aston climb up Win Hill and down onto Hope Cross. Then you can head either down towards the snake or along to Edale.

or you could spin along the road to Brough and up onto Shatton Moor, down Bradwell edge (nice and muddy), along past the back of the cement works, up pin dale and dirtlow rake and then down cave dale into Castleton?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Trying to create a loop… Peak content’ is closed to new replies.