Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Trying to buy a laptop from preloved. Am i getting scammed?
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Hi guys, just been looking at a laptop on preloved which suits my needs so i emailed the seller and he replied saying that i should deal directly with his uncle as it is actually his. I did as requested after getting the new contact email and i have just had a reply:

Hi mate ,
    Regarding your recent enquiry , the Alienware is still available .I work for SubSea 7 (oil and gas industry), due my work my current location is in Scotland , but this will not be a problem as i left the item in UK at a Parcel2Go Office , they are reliable cash on delivery service , this means you will have the chance to see and check the item first also you will have 5 Days Return Policy .Let me know if you’ are interested to use this cash on delivery service.
    Cheers .

Ive never heard of this cash on delivery set up so I’m guessing this is a scam? or am i being paranoid? cheers

drlex
    Free Member

Sounds very similar to this thread about a scam, so I’m going with fishier than a trawler’s deck.

fd3chris
    Free Member

wow it is very similar lol. I’ve emailed him asking how it works but i haven’t got a reply yet.

fd3chris
    Free Member

the reply :

As i told you this whole transaction will be handled by Parcel2Go and they will offer you the opportunity to try this product.
    You will not pay me any money until you see and inspect the product, all you have to do is purchase PaySafecard receipts from the store and confirm them online with Parcel2Go after they send you the invoice with our transaction details. Also you have to keep the receipts and forward them to me after you decide to keep the item.
    If the item is not as described you will receive a full refund from Parcel2Go.
    Please reply me with your Full name and delivery address so i can search a PaySafe store near you and inform Parcel2Go about our transaction.

drlex
    Free Member

Hmmm; obviously not yet bedtime in Lagos.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve reported him, not much else i can do .

Greybeard
    Free Member

This would have set off my paranoia:

due my work my current location is in Scotland , but this will not be a problem as i left the item in UK

At least for the moment, Scotland is part of the UK

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

This off shore and oil rigs is a common spoof. I had a guy wanting my car and also my boss was selling his motorbike. I now always see alarm bells with so called ‘ off shore’ working

fingerbike
    Free Member

Do Parcel2Go even offer a cash on delivery service in the UK?
    Good reviews here!
    http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews89809.html

bruneep

due my work my current location is in Scotland

As luck would have it I’m in scotland is he in Aberdeen? I could look at it for you. Ask him if its possible?

fd3chris
    Free Member

He has gone mysteriously silent after I emailed him and told him I had googled the parcel2go website and couldn’t see the cash on delivery service.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

If you ever feel as if you need to start a thread entitled “am I being scammed?” you are probably being scammed.

jkomo

Yep /\ that.
    On another note I had a flyer from this lot:
    http://www.ijtdirect.co.uk
    With some good laptop deals.
    I used them
    For toners, they are real n shiz .

77ric
    Free Member

STOP!

Paysafecard receipts have a 12 or 16 digit number on them, once some one has those numbers they have your money, it’s sounds like a variant of one of the many ucash scams that are around.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Trying to buy a laptop from preloved. Am i getting scammed?’ is closed to new replies.