Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • TRX suspension trainer copies
  • DrJ

I’ve used a TRX at the gym a few times and it seems like a good way to work on core strength without a lot of additional kit like weights, kettle bells and whatnot. I am considering getting one to use at home, but the actual TRX ones cost about 150 quid, which is madness!

There seem to be a fair few knock-offs on Amazon and e-bay, so I’m wondering if anyone else has gone down this path and can tell me which ones are good copies and which are cheap tat?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I bought a ~£12 one off ebay. Lild & Aldi often have them too, and it is January.

It looks like cheap tat in comparison to the real things, loose threads, frayed ends etc. But it’s probably never going to break under bodyweight if you keep half en eye on the stitching.

I’d suggest buying a pad eye and fixing to something solid as the straps do make a mess of doors and frames, and trainers mark them. Mine was in the garage when it wasn’t so cold, I keep meaning to set it up above the door in the conservatory.

reformedfatty
    Free Member

I took a length of old climbing rope, slid an old grip over each end, tie loop in each end, voila.

I already had a concreted in sturdy metal pole with a hook on it to suspend it all from. Worked well but was boring

DrJ

Worked well but was boring

But the folk in the videos look like they’re having such fun 🙂

grahamt1980

I got one of the aldi copies for not much money last year.
    Found a guide with a ton of exercises on it and made my own set up, comes to about 20 exercises per session only takes 20 mins with no breaks

hammyuk
    Free Member

Decathlon do their own one.
    Guarantee, exercises, etc for less than most of the knock-offs.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

exercises, etc for less than most of the knock-offs.

Mine actually came with an A3 photocopy of an Adidas poster 😆

sharkattack

I’ve often thought about getting one of these but yeah they’re expensive.

Here is the Decathlon one LINK

I’ve had a few pretty serious injuries in the last few years which has left me weak and lopsided. I thought something like this would be a fairly basic way to get some strength back.

I can pick one up on my dinner break from the local Decathlon if anyone has any reviews.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘TRX suspension trainer copies’ is closed to new replies.