Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Truvativ GXP outboard BB Bearing Sizes.
  • tracknicko
    Free Member

Afternoon all. Can anyone tell me the bearing number for GXP BB’s?

Knocked them out today, only for the seals to say ‘truvativ sealex’ and nowt else.

silly sods. what use is that?

if all else fails i’ll run them down the bearing shop for a measure up, but thought one of you chaps may have done yours?
    ta!

coatesy
    Free Member

As far as I recall, one is a 61805-2RS, and the other’s not available through any of the bearing suppliers i’ve tried.

tracknicko
    Free Member

the ones i’ve pulled out seem identical…

maybe i need more accurate measuring…

tracknicko
    Free Member

thanks for info on the one tho!

coatesy
    Free Member

Def not identical, one has a smaller ID to locate the step on the axle.

tracknicko
    Free Member

mine has a stepped washer for that purpose. fits inside either bearing with same tolerance so ID must be same. OD and width look same also.

tracknicko
    Free Member

using my best squinty-eye tape measuring they are 37 x 25 x 7

which does indeed match 61805!

might be worth a punt on two.

cheers for help!

tracknicko
    Free Member

found some PROPER cheap (and presumably shit) on ebay.

have ordered and will test these for size, if they only last a week i can buy some proper ones once i’ve determined the fit is ok.

thanks again for your help!

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Looking to resurect a couple of old GXP BB’s I’ve had sat in my spares drawer.

tracknicko – how did you go about knocking the bearings out?

I’ve read they are pretty tough to shift, so is there a particular knack to it?

andyrm
    Free Member

Will take a peek this weekend – my GXP BB is about dead but luckily my mate works for a bearing supplier so will mic the bearings up accurately and post up the equivalent (i.e. sensible priced without “special bearings for gullible mountain bikers” tags) spec.

Most bearings when sold as a single unit have anything up to 900% markup, hence singles on ebay appearing cheap relative to the identical ones in a bike shop which come in a bag with a card topper.

Got a handful of DU bushes the other week to do my shock and have some spares. Asked my mate how much I owed (bear in mind DU bushes normally cost up to a fiver) – “mate it will cost me more to raise the invoice than what these are worth”.

Moral of the story – get to know your local bearing supplier!

coatesy
    Free Member

Leave the cups in the frame, so you have a solid base to work from, then dunk the assembly in a saucepan of boiling water for a few minutes, to expand the ali cups, before using a hammer and drift to knock them out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Truvativ GXP outboard BB Bearing Sizes.’ is closed to new replies.