Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Truvativ Crankset Problem – help!
  • gavrobb
    Free Member

Ok, I give in – I can’t see why the left hand crank arm on my (spare, old) Truvativ crank arm is not shimming up?

LH crank arm is as tight up on the axle as it can go and still a 5-10mm gap..As it is the full assembly is free to move right toward the drive side out of the BB and create obvious play / impact of LH crank on chain stay. Shimming the BB out any more moves the bearings off the axle and consequent play (besides its shimmed a fair bit already)

What am I missing? It’s like their should be a spacer / shim on the BB axle Left arm but I’ve never used one before in the many bikes this old crank has been on.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rdN4Uh]image2[/url] by Aberdeenrobbs, on Flickr

Cheers

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What frame is it? What’s the width of the BB shell? Is it an EBB? You’d normally require 3 spacers on a 68mm BB, or 1 on a 73mm BB

gavrobb
    Free Member

Cheers – it is an EBB but normal 68mm spacing. Shimano BB – I’m starting to wonder if its this part that needs changed – I assumed BB’s were all same.

gavrobb
    Free Member

Incompatible BB – my stupidity. Don’t look so different but stuck in a GXP (speaker each side) and all is good. Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Truvativ Crankset Problem – help!’ is closed to new replies.