Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Truvativ 3×10 to 1×10 conversion
  • endurancenut
    Free Member

I’ve seen a few threads on Truvativ x9 2×10 to 1×10 conversion. My limited understanding – being a bit of a technical numpty – is that the 2×10 crankset has a detachable spider, and so it’s a simple job to replace the spider/chainrings with a single spiderless ring, or one of these –

Does this also apply to the 3×10, or is it more complicated than that?

v10
    Free Member

3×10 works just the same but be aware that x9/x0 spiders are slightly different (an MRP Bling ring will fit fine on either).

If youve got a 3×10 crank then a cheaper option might be to ditch the stock rings and run any non-ramped (hope/renthal etc) chainring in the middle position as they are standard 104bcd.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Mrp bling ring goes straight on done it tonight.

Only thing that I have had an issue with is play in the cranks but I think that is because I am to scared of torquing the cranks up to 45nm it just seems to be a lot!

endurancenut
    Free Member

Thanks for the info v10.

So all I need to do is replace the spider/chainrings with one of these –

And then of course get a chain-guide of some shape or form? Any reccomendations for a chain-guide?

endurancenut
    Free Member

Ok, research done – seems like the E13 XCX Chain Device is the one for me. Unless anyone’s got some bad stories to tell?

Time to abuse the credit card again 😉

endurancenut
    Free Member

ashleydwsmith, if you’re worried about torquing the cranks – check this video out –

Her certainly gives it a bit of welly. I guess that as long as you don’t strip the threads, there’s no such thing as too tight with the Truvativ cranks. Someone may be along very quickly telling me I’m talking crap, but we live a learn.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Cheers, seems my bb is knackered as well. So still getting play.

What bike do you have op? Are there no spacers on the drive side on the bb? The xcx is good and may be what I have to go for as its seat post mount I think.

If you have spacers go for a bb mount you can get them for half the price

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Truvativ 3×10 to 1×10 conversion’ is closed to new replies.