Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trusted Dorset bike shops
  • optimusmiles
    Free Member

Hello all, this is my first post on this forum so thanks in advance for any help offered. I have just bought myself a 2016 cannondale habit 4 with a lefty fork and I’m just trying to get some info on servicing, the lefty in particular. I’m based in Dorset (near Dorchester) and I was hoping somebody could recommend me a decent local bike shop or two that could handle the lefty. I don’t know it they would service it themselves or send it away? Or should I just send it away myself when the time comes?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Miles

chiefgrooveguru

Charlie The Bikemonger (in Swanage) seems a good chap! You could ask the Puddletown Facebook group as that’s by Dorchester, for a more local recommendation?

kongman28
    Free Member

Primera in Parkstone, Poole, are your nearest, best Cannondale dealer. Although if you’re happy to remove/reinstall it, TF Tuned are the recommended service centre. Primera are likely to send it to them.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Most are likely to send it away. If you’re comfortable removing the fork and sending it off yourself, try http://www.tftuned.com/mobile/info/9-cannondale Very good people.

tom200

If you are near Dorchester, Mud sweat and gears is a good honest shop, there is one in Weymouth and Dorchester. I’m not sure they would service your lefty in-house, but I’m sure they would arrange it all for you.

Also worth joining their club, it’s £5 per year and gets you 12% of all accessorise. Really good if you like endura, as it makes it cheaper than on-line.

Charlie is good, but doesn’t stock much, great for singlespeed bits though. Will point you at some awesome riding. Cyclexperience in Wareham is also ok, but you won’t get a discount, they do have good stock and wheel building though.

Primera in Bournemouth is also good.

The only rubbish shop was Dorchester Cycles, but that has now closed. Just avoid anywhere that also sells car parts!

optimusmiles
    Free Member

Brilliant, thanks guys. I’ve had cyclexperience in Wareham service my superlight a few times and they seem to be good guys.
    I’ll definitely look into the mud sweat and gears club as that sounds worth while and I’ll look into primera too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trusted Dorset bike shops’ is closed to new replies.