Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Truma Van heater repairs
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Got a Truma trumatic E2400 in the new van with what looks like a couple dry solder joints and possibly other faults ….

The issue being that the fan is always on regardless of position – the speed changes but even when off – its on – even with the switch disconected.

Does anyone know anywhere that does repair of these ? MY soldering skills dont really stretch to redoing pad joints on printed PCBs as my hands shake too much and my google foo cant find a circuit diagram either.

a new PCBis not out of the realms of possibilities but at 250 quid id like to try and see it repaired first.

Cheers

trail_rat
    Free Member

Anyone on the night shift know? Or is the hive slipping these days 🙂

Have dropped Gary at arc systems an email in the mean time 🙂

T1000
    Free Member

You could try a reflow, I successfully did this on a motherboard from a Samsung laptop (examples of technique on YouTube)

It’s a kill or cure strategy….

Davesport

Just been here with a Truma Combi 🙁 No identifiable faults on the board (by me) but the PCB wasn’t opening the gas valve intermittently. There’s a bloke on ebay of all places that does fix some of the boards but not mine. It might be worth firing him an email. Search for “Truma repair” on ebay.

Truma tested my board free gratis….new board for me and I’m warm again.

D.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Truma were about as much use as a kick in the nuts.

Their email was…. Sorry it’s not working go to a dealer. They are listed on our site.

Gary at arcs still not got back to me but he is a busy chap I guess.

Lucky I have a service centre that I could throw a cricket ball at from my house pretty much that I didn’t know about !

Will check out eBay as per your advice davesport as I don’t fancy buying a new board at 220 quid which will be deevalley motorhomes solution ..That’s half of jack out awning.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Beautiful, just beautiful isn’t she.

trail_rat
    Free Member

You been drinking ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

ah well spoke to various people .

seemingly i have an old green board

no one willing to put their name to it and fix it as it will always bring hassle. all suggested i buy the new upgraded blue board…. none of them sell it so im inclined to believe them .

so new blue board bought and the awning will have to wait a few months. Should sort the issue – the boards supplying the correct voltage to the transistor in positions 1 and 2 – then when you go back to 0 the boards supplying the same voltage as it did on position 2.

trail_rat
    Free Member

eBay guy wouldn’t touch it .

Bought a new PCB plugged it in and all works as should and heats the van well and quickly.

Gonna mount the enclosure on foam and seal it in a plastic bag with silica gel.

Vibration and damp are what kill em apparently.

Chuffed but my arse is sore at the 230 quid bill.

nealglover
    Free Member

….but my arse is sore at the 230 quid bill.

😯

Did you not have the cash.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Course he did but it was all in 50p’s kept somewhere very safe.

trail_rat
    Free Member

You don’t get alot for 230 quid.

Feel like I’ve been raped. But if it stops the van being cold and the subsequent moaning that would ensue. It’s worth it surely…..

spooky_b329

Campers are expensive…I’ve got an Truma Ultrastore in the loft (not fitting it to this van as don’t want to sacrifice the space or spoil the stealthyness, reckon it’s worth enough to get a budget hardtail

I did put a Propex in and that cost a decent hardtail…

The windows and rooflights cost a full susser…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye well gotta look at it that way spooky….If it all worked it would have cost alot more……

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Truma Van heater repairs’ is closed to new replies.