Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Truly all purpose bike..? ideas and maybe pics if you have them please
  • yunki
    Free Member

At the moment I have a rigid Cotic Soul for riding off road, and a Frankenstein’s rigid tip bike for leaving locked up in town, towing the kids trailer, nipping to the shops etc..

I’d really like just the one bike though, and have seriously considered trying to make the Soul look a bit more ratty and undesirable to thieves, de-sticker it and fit a rack etc.. No matter what I do though, I can’t get away from the fact that even in a fetching shade of mud brown, and with bits of electrical tape stuck all over it, it still looks classy (the nice drive train and finishing kit don’t help) and I would probably weep if it got nicked..
    I really don’t want a soulless old nail for the (seemingly ever rarer) occasions that I do get out into the hills though..

Does anyone else have just one all purpose bike..?
    Can anyone offer any suggestions as to things I should look at that could truly be defined as all purpose, practical and a delight..?

chiefgrooveguru

I don’t think it’s a good idea, you’ll just end up too compromised and without a bike whenever something breaks.

yunki
    Free Member

the only other way around this problem is to build a proper amazing miniature shed then..

which if I think about it from the right point of view, could be nearly as fun as a new bike..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tall_martin

A bike with electrical tape looks like a nice bike being hidden to me, and I guess any bike theif with two braincells to rub together.

Just keep two and lock the town bike up outside the house somewhere, under a cover?

My 2p

smaca
    Free Member

Swap the electrical tape for some Apollo stickers?

Cover the fork lowers with old inner tubes, and put some rusty wheels on it….

Saying that it doesn’t matter a jot. One of the guys at work left this in our cycle compound overnight:
    Click me

We have a coded padlock on a gate + a solid steel hoop bolted to concrete, to which that BSO was D-Locked to.

The scrotes smashed the gate and unbolted the hoop from the floor. Removed the bike then bolted the hoop back to the floor, presumably so we couldn’t figure how they’d done it.

The Muppets however left the undamaged D-Lock in the grass behind the office, and forgot to replace one of the washers, which was still on the floor.

So it really doesn’t matter how poo the bike is or looks, some retard will probably try and steal it….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Truly all purpose bike..? ideas and maybe pics if you have them please’ is closed to new replies.