Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Truing a wheel – how long…..
  • Pook

should it take? Took it in to the LBS last Tuesday to be trued and a spoke replaced, and they said by the weekend,and that they’d call. They didn’t, so I’ve just phoned and been told Wednesday.
    I got a bit asnnoyed as I was hoping to get out on the bike tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday to loosed up for Lee Quarry on Sunday. Wish I’d just done it myself now.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

What shop?

finbar
    Free Member

Not Langsetts was it? They probably won’t have done it properly anyway if it is…

Pook

why’s that Finbar?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

10 minute job.
    15 if you have to remove a brake disc or cassette.

DezB
    Free Member

10 minute job.
    15 if you have to remove a brake disc or cassette.

Sorry, minor hijack – should I remove these before taking a bent wheel in for repair? To make it easier for them, like. (I can’t do wheels 🙁 )

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Nah

finbar
    Free Member

why’s that Finbar?

When i took my wheel in there to get a spoke replaced the guy said he hadn’t managed to get it quite true “because it wasn’t built properly in the first place”. Right, that’ll be why it had already done 4 years and thousands of miles without a spot of bother then….

He also tried to refuse to accept the 15% off repairs voucher i had.

Basically i’m just bitter.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot. The one other occasion i tried using them (to order me in some dura ace lever hoods) they lost my number, dicked around and eventually ordered in the wrong bloody part.

crazy-legs

Sorry, minor hijack – should I remove these before taking a bent wheel in for repair? To make it easier for them, like. (I can’t do wheels )

It only needs doing if you actually need to replace a spoke, not for a basic true. But it does help yes.
    Re truing – depends on how bad it is, how many new spokes you’ve had to put in etc but generally 15mins or so to do it properly.

Pook

£13.70 for the privilege?

trail_rat
    Free Member

well most decent bike shops are busy just now … i know we are to the rafters with work , new builds and repairs ! amaizing what a little sun does ! 10-15 mins doesnt seem like alot but it all adds up a 10 min job here and a 10 min job there …although its pretty poor it wasnt done for the weekend and if you phoned up today and said to me that it was supposed to be done for the weekend id drop what i was doing and get it done !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Truing a wheel – how long…..’ is closed to new replies.