Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • True Detective , The Ending. (Cant guarantee NO spoilers)
  • stanfree
    Free Member

I think the series was probably the best thing since the demise of Breaking Bad but stupidly reading the reviews of the last episode I expected the worst. Anyhoo without revealing any spoilers I was pleasantly surprised with the finale. Anyone else watch It. ? Were you dissapointed with the finale. ? What’s your hopes for season 2. ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep very happy with it. Exceptional TV not targeted at the hard of understanding. I can see why some people would have not liked it either due to it’s dark subject matter or the long words that rusty uses. If they had to explain it like some other series out there it would have been 20 episodes.

Best thing since someone though Kevin Spacey would be good in House of Cards.

toby1

It was classy as well as dark. I really liked it. BUT Hannibal was still better!

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Whilst the series was great, I was disappointed with the finale.
    Difficult to describe without giving it away but it was such a cliched way of ending.

Look away now if you don’t wanna know!

One cop is in trouble with the madman and the madman has his head blown off by the cop’s partner (who is out of shot).

Shame cos the rest of the series was really enjoyable.

stewartc
    Free Member

Enjoyed it a lot, not been so hooked since Breaking Bad.
    With plot, structure and good acting you don’t need car chases or myriad story lines to keep people riveted throughout.
    A little disappointed with the ending (no spoilers) but the journey made the destination worthwhile.

Pigface
    Free Member

Ending worked for me, really enjoyed it.

tmb467
    Free Member

Definitely an easy ending

Cliched serial killer and best buddy cops

Fantastic series all the same though and I can’t wait to see who they put in season 2

totalshell

dont look for a second series, certainly not with those characters, excellent storyline, great acting, love the drawlling accents,

perhaps it is the fact that it was the end rather than the content that was disappointing.

GHill

Shame they didn’t make more of the Yellow King element at the end, but really really enjoyed.

I think they said from the start that it would be an ‘anthology’ series, so a second series would be different characters and actors.

MSP

It was intelligent on the surface, but fell apart as you dug a little deeper. The cinematography was what made the series, it set a scene never quite matched by the script. Harrelsons acting was poor and was acted off the screen every time by McConaughey. They never really solved anything, and certainly some of the big themes were left wide open, especially the “bad guy” who just didn’t fit character that had been portrayed before he was revealed.

pk13

I honestly think it changed direction when they worked out it could be milked for a second series. Still very good tv.

johnners
    Free Member

The series began promisingly but I thought it ended up being pretty tedious. I didn’t think there was any build up of evidence and tension, just a big reveal “look at all this stuff I’ve got in my lockup” followed by a pretty absurd finale, which was then followed by another 10 minute of pointless waffle just to ensure it ended on a real low. It always looked great but the two leads had a lot more fun acting it than I did watching.

Danny79
    Free Member

Spoilers

I didn’t like the whole there’s an afterlife revelation I can’t think of a main stream TV show from the States that’s portrayed atheism without some big reveal that they were wrong all along. Sure they didn’t specifically suggest a god but they did pander to the idea that humanity is more significant and that there’s some cosmic meaning to it all that we’ll continue after.

Also Rust says in an earlier episode that mankind is an evolutionary mistake that we should all just die but that he’s too cowardly to do it himself. Then gripes about surviving saying he’d found his daughter so having discovered this afterlife with his daughter why doesn’t he top himself and embrace what he found? If he’s concerned that suicide won’t lead back to his daughter that suggests some sort of cosmic sorting system/god.

I didn’t mind that the investigation wasn’t complete just didn’t like Rust’s revelation.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

It was classy as well as dark. I really liked it. BUT Hannibal was still better!

This, I can’t understand why no one seems to watch it.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

More style than substance but still very very good. I really thought there would be a twist at the end( I had my money on Harrelsons character being the covert orchestrator and would kill McConaughey at the end) disappointed it end all square and nice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘True Detective , The Ending. (Cant guarantee NO spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.