• This topic has 65 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • True Detective
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

what a show, ep4 is superb. shaping up nicely this. get it watched if you haven’t started! 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Have been doing my best today not to watch it, just about to go in for a TWD, TD double. 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

You’re in for a treat! Outstanding tele!

CountZero

What channel, and when?

batfink
    Free Member

Just watched episode 4 last night: outstanding. I have to say, its making a lot of shows look like a load of amateur nonsense.

CZ: it’s HBO in the US, airs Sunday night, so you can pick it up Monday morning…. erm…. from a number of websites.

seosamh77
    Free Member

CountZero – Member
    What channel, and when?

Starts on Sky Atlantic, 22nd of February, 9pm.

spacemonkey

Not heard of this but now I’m intrigued.

erm…. from a number of websites.

Just found one 🙂 that has this and about 150 other shows! Thankfully I only have the time to watch the odd episode here and there.

grievoustim
    Free Member

yep – great, great show

Had to rewatch the closing sequence from ep 4 immediately it was so good – 6 minute continuous steady cam shot

spacemonkey

Pretty good show all in all. Just about to watch Ep 5 🙂

Their first suspect is a right freak – looks like the result of an unholy communion between the lead banjoist of the Hillbilly Pig Buggerers and a weregimp.

CountZero

Sky box set and ready to record. Really looking forward to this series.

mikedoubleu
    Free Member

Just watched ep5. It’s shaping up, getting more intense.

Love the lighting, the music. It’s awesome.

batfink
    Free Member

Agreed, new game of thrones starts soon – not sure I can be bothered with it now I’m hooked on TD.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

It’s my favourite show on at the mo… McConaughey and Harrelson are both terrific.
    Wife and I have given up on a few shows recently, but this is a keeper 🙂

spacemonkey

Just watched Ep 6. Dark. Real dark.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

mikedoubleu – Member

spacemonkey – Member
    Just watched Ep 6. Dark. Real dark.

Well having only got as far as 4 so far I was wondering how they could keep going. Down to the pits of Hell it is them – Can’t wait 🙂 Though one thing I can’t see is how to hit the usual quota of 5 seasons – maybe the new rule is do one and do it well.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Only watched a couple of episodes (recording from Sky Atlantic). Excellent stuff. McConaughey and Harrelson work so well together. I’ve always been a big fan of both and I’m glad to see McConaughey get back into roles like this and Dallas Buyers Club (in which by all accounts he is excellent, even though I haven’t seen it) rather than some of the rom com shite he’d been doing. Nobody does southern drawl like those two. 🙂

spacemonkey

No chance of there being another season. It’s all about what happened in ’95 and ’02. Like you say, do one and do it well.

batfink
    Free Member

Watched Ep 6 last night……. blummin amazing. Mrs Batfink is hooked as well.

Apparently (might have read it around here somewhere) “true detective” is a theme/format/style – subsequent seasons are going to have different characters in different cities etc etc.

I have to say, not sure how they are going to follow MM and WH – hopefully they are setting the standard for who comes next. As long as it’s not Nicolas bloody Cage.

spacemonkey

Apparently (might have read it around here somewhere) “true detective” is a theme/format/style – subsequent seasons are going to have different characters in different cities etc etc.

Interesant. But S2 and beyond would have to go some to live up to S1, especially bringing in new characters etc.

batfink
    Free Member

It’s all about what happened in ’95 and ’02

not seen ep 6 then? 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nothing on IMDB about any more which is my normal go to for “it’s going to happen” stuff

spacemonkey

not seen ep 6 then?

I refer my honourable friend to 8 posts back 😉

EDIT: That’s the limit of my spoilerising.

stanfree
    Free Member

Only watched the first episode on Sky atlantic but It’s fair to say Im hooked. Also add Ray Donovan and Southland to the recent crop of top notch US dramas and you can see why folks rave about U.S Tv.

batfink
    Free Member

I refer my honourable friend to 8 posts back

EDIT: That’s the limit of my spoilerising.

ok, fair enough!

Not exactly the BBC news website, but:

Season 2?

seosamh77
    Free Member

So many levels going on in this, Soon as ep 8 is finished I’m going to watch the lot again! 😀

looking like 7 and 8 are going to be explosive!

grievoustim
    Free Member

Yep – reckon the last 2 episodes are going to be huge

Definitely going to rewatch the whole thing after the season is done

I love the fact that subsequent seasons will feature different plot, setting and characters – it means anything could happen to any of the characters in this season

MSP

So it’s an 8 episode series then?

Quite unusual for a US series, it means they had a full story from the beginning rather than writing the first few episodes and waiting to see how it does before completing the plot.

I have been waiting for it to finish so I can mainline the whole series in a weekend.

packer
    Free Member

Best TV show I’ve watched since Breaking Bad. Really enjoying it. Wondering how it can all get tied up nicely with only two episodes left though…

spacemonkey

Ep 7 now available 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Also add … Southland to the recent crop of top notch US dramas and you can see why folks rave about U.S Tv.

How many times do I have to mention Southland? It’s on the last series now, I think. Brilliant stuff.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Watch e02 last night. It’s tense. Well acted. Gripping stuff.

With that to watch and the second season of Banshee to get through…. Some decent TV for a change.

DezB
    Free Member

Banshee was a just one writer’s big wnak fantasy I thought. Atrocious.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I didn’t know anything about this series until a friend of mine from school posted a very long steady cam shot from episode four on Facebook. It’s over six minutes long.

Turns out he is the (steady)cam operator for the show and that long take in episode four is his work.

Pretty cool huh.

Fantombiker

I knew when I saw the intro with The Handsome Family singing Far From any Road…that it would be amazing…and it is…

drlex
    Free Member

Can’t wait for the finale.
    Until then:

CountZero

I knew when I saw the intro with The Handsome Family singing Far From any Road…that it would be amazing…and it is…

Oh yeah! Absolutely loving it, a superb piece of work. Just exactly the sort of thing that Rennie and Brett would jump at having one of their songs attached to.
    Can’t resist:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4zluA60hjs&sns=em[/video]

Danny79
    Free Member

I’ve watched episode 8 today and without going into detail spoilers etc but I feel let down.
    Conclusion to the case was great I just felt that the post case mop up was unnecessary anyone else feel the same?

It’s been great TV but ending came off as Dexter weak (ok not that bad but weak) instead of Breaking Bad awesome.

mactheknife

Was Ep8 the final episode??

CountZero

The Yellow King, mentioned in the programme, is available from Amazon for Kindle for free; it’s actually called The King In Yellow, by Robert W Chambers.

Danny79
    Free Member

Yep Ep8 is final episode.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘True Detective’ is closed to new replies.