Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Trucks overtaking trucks of dual carriageways!!!!
  • scotabroad

Probably been done before, but FFS I am pig sick of some of the trucks on the M74 Dual Carraigeway section. There is a minority of them who insist on crawling past at 0.5mph differential and take about 10 piggin miles to get past the guy they are trying to overtake by which time about 100 other vehicles get held up behind them doing this. That is if they dont give up after about 5 miles and pull back in behind the guy they were trying to evertake in the first place. What is the piggin point!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😡 😡 😡

I_Ache
    Free Member

Really pisses me off this does. It should be made illegal. Makes me want to undertake on the hard shoulder!!!

What makes it worse is I have to deal with the stupid **** at work!

Bastards.

1981miked
    Free Member

This has been done before!

And the point is because when one truck is faster why should it not overtake?

It does make a difference when u get past a slower vehicle, if you sit behind it you are constantly having to break and if all trucks sat behind one another then how slow would the convoy be then!

Just remember we are doing a job delivering things round the country dor u, me and everybody to make use of. We work long hours, away from home all week in some cases, get hammered for fuel and get abuse, cut up, subjected to some horrendous car drivers attitudes and driving styles..and we do it all to provide a service to the country!

Without trucks u get nothing!

No bike bits, no phones, no shopping, no computers to post up threads on web forums…etc.

Have some patience! If ur in that much of a hurry leave earlier.

Nick

Makes me laugh, especially when I see a mile of cars all in the outside lane and nothing on the inside, as I sail past undertaking them, trying hard not to wave as I do so. Invariably I am then able to move back into the outside lane moments before the lorry moves over.

1981miked
    Free Member

Great attitude I Ache!

Im not stupid and definately not a ****!.

Bet u sit right up the backside of them so they can’t see u, and overtake them then cut right infront of them to take your exit with no thought to what could be in front of the truck or how the driver will stop in time if required!

44t+ takes a long time to haul up! Youd be kicking up **** if it hit u after u did that i bet!

5lab

if a truck is in the outside lane for 1 minute (its rarely a lot longer than that), it costs you 10 seconds of journey time. Not exactly the end of the world.

Bet you get annoyed when cyclists get in your way as well..

Nick

Did you scream at your windshield as you sat there impotent? WELL DID YOU!!!!!! Did you pull in front of the Lorry and slam your BRAKES on in a fit of RAAAAGEEEE ???????? SHOUTing MOVE YOU **** COCK JOCKEY, EH? DID YOU?? Bet there was FIVE SODDING MILES of traffic in the outside line with NOTHING in the inside lane too. Or did some moron undertake you as well as YOU sat there in the outside lane ALONG WITH everyone else and that really BoIls your PI$$ doesnt it, eh? EH? EEEHHHH?!!!! NNGNNGNNGNGNGNNGN1!!!!!!!! GET out Of THE WAY, GET OUT OF THE WAAAY. NEXT Timee make sure you have your indicator on ALL the time and flash your lights at anyonhe who inst doing 90 and has the BALLS to be in FRONT of YoU. Then Acelarate to an Hundered miles an our before having To sLam your breakS on and tailgating the next twatting car infront of you. NNNFNFNGNGNGNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brakes
    Free Member

I’m sure it’s the minority of truck drivers who overtake on long hills and take about 2 miles to pull back in… but that minority are *****

we do it all to provide a service to the country!

😀 I salute you, saviour of the human race

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Lol brakes you beat me to it.

A service my hairy arse, it’s a job and no more.

Saying that, it is annoying but they do have every right to do it. What does annoy is when they pull out just as you reach them.

wheelz
    Free Member

we do it all to provide a service to the country!

They don’t pay you?

1981miked
    Free Member

There is a minority that do that brakes, thanks for the salute! Ill let u in at road works next time i see u there.

Trucks seem to have pull i front of me at filter lanes on the side aswell..

Then we get abuse for not letting them in! Go figure.

earbyphil
    Free Member

Scotabroad and I Ache.
    You need to be a bit more considerate of other people going about thier jobs. By extension, next time you are in an ambulance do you want it to wait in the traffic until someone who could not plan thier journey has thier moan and groan?
    Chill out. It’s not that important.

Macgyver

On the A34 between Newbury and Oxford they have a trial system in place on the hilly stretch where in peak hours anything over 7.5t is not allowed in lane 2. Seems a reasonable compromise and appears to work quite well.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I also do what Nick does. Normally these cars are all sitting at 56mph following a bloody truck.

They should all be limited by GPS then there will be no variations on how fast they can go they will all be going EXACTLY the same speed.

mike I have no problem with trucks overtaking when there is 3 lanes just when there are only 2 it puts about 10 mins on my journey to and from work every day.

1981miked
    Free Member

Yes it is a job, but we are providing a service.

Nick

They don’t pay you?

They pay nurses and ambulance drivers don’t they? Think firemen get a wage too, and no one would deny that they offer a service.

To be honest, in this consumer frenzy age we live in I’m supprised we don’t treat lorry drivers as minor deities let alone a recognise the the invaluable service they provide.

1981miked
    Free Member

How long would it put on our day if we all did EXACTLY the same speed? Plus, some supermarkets limit them to 50mph! No need!

What does get me revved up is car drivers doing 52mph, then when i pull out to overtake they speed up and match my speed! Then i cnt get back in!

That is a good compromise macgyver. Just gets my back up when people start spouting off about “bloody truck drivers”. We are just trying to do a job and get home to our families aswell.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Great attitude I Ache!

Im not stupid and definately not a ****!.

Bet u sit right up the backside of them so they can’t see u, and overtake them then cut right infront of them to take your exit with no thought to what could be in front of the truck or how the driver will stop in time if required!

44t+ takes a long time to haul up! Youd be kicking up **** if it hit u after u did that i bet!

Do you overtake on a dual carrageway when you have 0.5mph advantage and it is busy with other road users? If so then you are a **** if not then you arnt simples.

And of course I don’t sit in the blind spot I position myself where they can’t miss me and it is obvious I want to get past, I know where they can and cant see I deal with them daily at work.

BTW you arn on the road driving while on here are you? 😉

Cars speeding up like you describe must be bloody annoying when you have a good 4mph advantage on them.

They also have the system that macgyver describes on the M42 between J9 and J11 a lot of them ignore it.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i love it when trucks and lorries overtake each other :mrgreen:

it means all the malechickens who think they’re allowed to break the law and drive over 70mph, flashing and trying to bully their way along the overtaking lane actually have to sit back and chill for a bit. Equally it means i can sit at 56mph without people assuming its me holding everyone up 😀

One of the most pleasurable things about long journeys is making a mental note of the aggressive drivers and seeing them battling down the overtaking lanes in a stress, whilst sitting perfectly chilled at 56-60mph in the left hand lane… almost never having to touch the brakes or waste fuel burning up the road to catch up with the next bunch of idiots who don’t understand speed limits only to have to hit the brakes in a stress.

Not only do I arrive stress free, with more money in my pocket and having not put other peoples lives at risk in such a blatant selfish way, but i nearly always arrive at the same time as some of the malechickens i mentally took note of much earlier in the journey as they’ve created their own traffic problems with the ripple effect of accelerating/braking hard all the way.

Grimy
    Free Member

I’m sure its only the minority of truckers who act in such a selfish way. The opp is clearly not having a pop at a slow overtake that speed restricted trucks are capable of. Its the stalemate that arrives when they are alongside completely blocking a dual carridgeway for mile after mile virtually matched in speed with neither driver willing to yeild.

bobbyspangles

haha. car drivers! oh dear

1981miked
    Free Member

Good point well made Grimy.

If im being overtaken like that i knock the cruise control back a few mph to let them in and clear the traffic.

zokes
    Free Member

…and if all trucks sat behind one another then how slow would the convoy be then!

It *could* just go on the railways, like it used to…

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I can’t stand ****ish car drivers who sit doing sub 50 and as you go past them they then try and speed up – are they really so inferior & imbecilic?

TheBrick
    Free Member

10 Miles at 56 mph = 10.7 min

70 mph for 10.7 min results in you travelling 11.666 miles.

So you would be 1.66 miles further down the road had you not been held up for 10 miles. Once the trucks are out of the way this 1.66 mile will take 1.4285 min to cover at 70 mph.

You are now 1.4285 (1 min 25 sec) minuets late to you destination.

hora
    Free Member

Overtake, give a safe distance, then lift off accelerator. Wup down the gears they go, lots of changes.

That’ll teach the ****.

TheBrick
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Overtake, give a safe distance, then lift off accelerator. Wup down the gears they go, lots of changes.

That’ll teach the ****.

Yes it will teach them that you are a bit of a dick.

Cougar

when one truck is faster why should it not overtake?

Because it takes a fortnight when they’re both limited to the same gorram speed. And when the leader finally manages to overtake and pull in, and five seconds later the one behind pulls out and tries to overtake, that really is taking the piss.

if a truck is in the outside lane for 1 minute (its rarely a lot longer than that), it costs you 10 seconds of journey time.

How long does it take to clear the subsequent two mile tailback that’s formed by suddenly reducing the rolling speed of the entire carriageway by 20mph?

I wonder what the effect is if a truck has to drive at 55.9mph instead of 56mph for a bit?

Anyway. Like any demographic of road users, it’s the minority of twunts that you notice and the majority of well-behaved ones you don’t. I see plenty of well-behaved lorry drivers. I also drove past one the other day who was reversing across a main road with a mobile pressed to his ear.

Summary, inconsiderate people are inconsiderate.

thomthumb
    Free Member

FAIL: dual carriageway doesn’t mean two lanes. I means the traffic in opposite directions is separated.

It would save all this trouble if cars were limited to 54mph.

philconsequence
    Free Member

average speed cameras on every road in the UK i say.

LOVE the things 😀

D28boy
    Free Member

Sorry but just like any form of bad driving it’s annoying for other road users. I regularly sit in a line of cars queing up behind the slowest race in Hampshire as two trucks battle it out mile after mile. These drivers simply don’t care they are holding up everyone else’s lives.No wonder they get a few hand signals! Don’t even get me started on the Army convoys or Agricultural vehicles who also feel the need to creep along during peak rush our causing chaos behind them.

1981miked
    Free Member

And how do u get it from railway stations to shops?

Vans? How many Vans to do that job then?

Yes it is the selfish, single minded morons u notice a cougar?

Expected more from u Hora, ur the kind of driver i enjoy not letting in at road works etc!

What a perfect bunch of car drivers u lot are! Maybe u could come and have a go at the job seeing as u are all experts.

Oh and all the limiters are not set the “gorram” same.

People have no patience nowadays!

hora
    Free Member

Yes it will teach them that you are a bit of a dick.

Yes it does. Its only happened once but I managed to get in the way of a indie- haulier who seemed to be in a rush (probably empty trailer/wanted to go home) driving FAR TOO CLOSE TO ME so I just lifted off, he hit every light (seem to like as many lights as possible dont they indie’s?) and the next thing you know hes backed right off probably fighting through his gearbox.

Why was I driving slowly?- torrential rain. I aint driving fast because some tool wants to chance.

Cock.

Funny how, when they have an employer written down the side they never give you any trouble at all.

Its always the independent hauliers who don’t have to answer for their job or internal discplinary procedures.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Service?

Draw the products life from concept to consumer as a gant chart, the only people putting less into the process are probably the guys cleaning the toilets at the designers office!

Northwind

Once the truck pulls back in, all the traffic that was behind it gets effortlessly past and onto a stretch of road that is now empty because of the temporary jam. After a very short length of time everyone shuffles around and gets back to a normal distribution and unless your junction is really close by, you end up getting to your destination at exactly the same time as you would have anyway.

1981miked
    Free Member

Next time ur heading out D28Boy let everybody know so we can stay off the road incase we hold up ur life!

Heaven forbid people make a living by driving slower vehicles ..on the road of all places! Well i never! How utterly selfish!

hora
    Free Member

Just look at the quality of driving/roadcraft and if its a corporate or indie truck.

bassspine
    Free Member

Cars can pull from about 1500 rpm to somewhere like 5000 rpm. Trucks produce power from 1800 to 2500 (your truck may vary). If it gets out of the rev band on a hill, its at walking pace all the way, slowing traffic up even more.

For every truck delivering stuff in to the shops, there’s 200 cars taking it back out again.
    Who’s causing the traffic jams ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Trucks overtaking trucks of dual carriageways!!!!’ is closed to new replies.