Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • TRS Race and Plus tyres – any good
  • olibluegoat
    Free Member

Was thinking of trying the TSR Race or Plus on the front of my Evil Following over the winter. Anyone tried them / can let me know what they are like

Would you go Race or Plus

Also is there anywhere selling them for less than about £50. Bloody expensive tyre!

mboy
    Free Member

Will be able to let you know very soon. Got some to stick on my Wreckoning.

Email in profile if you want some, I’ll sort out a STW member’s discount through work…

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m running the triple compound up front and dual in the rear after a nightmare time with conti tissue paper sidewalls.

The e13 fit by hand, go up with a track pump without going silly, and they held pressure overnight without sealant (which is something conti couldn’t do, even with the sealant in).

So far, the sidewalls are proving tougher than the conti apex protection which even before they split, looked scuffed and worn. The e13 still look like new.

They’re also designed to work with the wider modern rims. I really like mine so far, they’ve not dumped me on my arse.

Expensive, yes, but if they don’t fail, then they’re worth more than my previous conti.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Been running my 29ers for the past 2-3 months and I’d agree with everything Onzadog has said. The sidewalls are also proving more resilient than previous Minion EXO’s.

honourablegeorge

What’s grip like on roots and that, Onzadog? Reading MTBR, they seem to think the tyres are the greatest things ever produced – but would rather hear an opinion from someone in real weather

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Indeed. Looks like the TRS race are the ones to go for?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden them in anything too wet yet, but they are sticky. Riding down the road, I can hear more road grit being picked up and flicked at the bike.

There’s been a bit of relearning after being on the trail king for so long. The e13 has a noticeable void between centre and edging tread but if you corner by leaving the body upright and pushing the bike over, you pass through it quickly and don’t really notice. If you lean the body and bike together at less of an angle, you might find yourself in no man’s land.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘TRS Race and Plus tyres – any good’ is closed to new replies.