Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • TRP Spyres what pads / compounds are people using?
  • Speshpaul

I run my spyres on my cross bike on and off road, still got the original pads in. The front is ok, the back has no bite at all. Solid leaver and the wheels still turns.
    So what replacement pads? what works well in they and what doesn’t?
    Cheers
    Paul

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Check you’ve got the cable correctly attached: It should run underneath the securing bolt, not over the top. Lots of bikes have been coming out of the box incorrectly set up and it’s not something that’s easily spotted.

Other than that, I’m using Shimano pads on mine which are a slight improvement.

somafunk

Still got the original/standard pads that they came with fitted to mine (14months and still loads of pad life left) but i do have a few sets of the uberbike race matrix compound to use once the originals finally wear out.

BadlyWiredDog

Been using the Alligator pads from xcracer.com, work fine for me. I found the Uberbike sintered a bit noisy btw.

crasher50

I found sintered to be good on the rear, biggest problem was the cable. Solid lever but all the force was going into compressing the cable outer , fit good quality cable and it will be better. I don’t think spyres are very good at all, ok at cross type speeds and inclines but not good at road speeds and descents.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Solid lever

Again, check the cable routing round the pinch bolt. If it’s in the wrong place it makes the lever feel too solid.

onandon
    Free Member

I have them on a road bike and they’re just fine at stopping at any speed.
    I can only assume if they aren’t stopping you then they’re not set up correctly.

Speshpaul

Ok, just to be clear.
    The set up is fine, nice solid leaver, disc specific outers. I was able to read the instructions so the cable is routed across calliper correctly.
    The issue is the rear pads, glazed or contaminated. So with a whole winter ahead I am looking to change the pads.
    I just wondered what people have been using.

oxym0r0n

I replaced the original pads, once worn with shimano’s own deore pads – mich better in wet weather

onandon
    Free Member

I replaced the original pads with organic shitmano pads from Xcracer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘TRP Spyres what pads / compounds are people using?’ is closed to new replies.