Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • TRP Hy Rds
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

Has anyone tried these – they have had some good reviews and was think of a set for my Gryphon to replace the BB7’s. Will I die??

JoB
    Free Member

i’ve had some on the bike almost a year, reliable consistent braking, no disc rub, not had a single problem, well apart from the stock resin pads wearing down to nothing during a wet gritty CX race

improved with the installing of compression free brake housing

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I tried them on my Pro6. Really didn’t like them.

They felt like they had very long lever travel and felt a bit soft. I replaced the Hy/Rd’s with a set of Hope V-Twin which are much, much better.

JoB
    Free Member

i replaced some Hope V-Twins with the Hy-Rds, much prefer the Hy-Rds, much lighter feel, tons more modulation 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have them on my Whyte Suffolk. I’m a great fan. Certainly a big step up from the BB7 roads they replaced.

timbur
    Free Member

Spyres are ace as well.
    TRP are doing fancy cables to help them power up.
    Don’t follow their set up instructions though. Really didn’t work for the three pairs I’ve fettled.

bobster
    Free Member

timbur – how do you recommend setting up the Spyres?

stufield
    Free Member

I am using tektro Hylex and they are fab, even getting used to bar mounted shifter not a problem

timbur
    Free Member

Center them loose on the frame bolts by activating the arm.
    Wind out the adjuster on the caliper 3/4’s.
    Insert the cable and activate the arm so the brakes locked on before tightening the cable to the caliper.
    Attach the cable to the outside of the pinch bolt as well, not the underside.
    Wind back in the adjuster till no rubbing.
    Bobs your uncle, etc, etc.

birdage

Good advice from Tim, much better than the instructions and compressionless cables a must.

timbur
    Free Member

Forgot about them. TRP sent a complimentary set out with the updated Sypres and they feel lush!

Hopefully you’re stopping better now Matt? Beer tonight? I’m home alone! Will call.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘TRP Hy Rds’ is closed to new replies.