Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Troy Lee knee pad fit
  • aracer
    Free Member

I’ve bought some Troy Lee KG5400 knee pads (as recommended on here) in both S and XS sizes. Bought the XS as I found the S felt a bit loose as if they might slip down. The XS feel quite snug but not uncomfortably so, but it seems like I’d definitely notice them after a day’s riding, whereas the S are loose enough that I might not. Would be a pain to have the knee pads slipping down and having to pull them back up all the time though. The question is, how snug do they have to be to stay up? The suggested weight range is also a bit disconcerting as in theory I’m actually too heavy even for the S. Can’t really wear them enough to find out, as I want to be able to send the wrong size ones back.

stevied
    Free Member

If you’re riding XC it’s a PITA trying to pull your pads up all the time and they can start to rub if you don’t.
    If you’re riding DH you don’t really want your pads coming down on a run so tight would be better as you can take them off between runs.
    If it were me, I’d be trying pads in an LBS so you can get ones that fit perfectly..
    Buying stuff like this online can be a nightmare as all manufacturers are different sizes and all or none may fit you properly

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve got both sizes to try, just that I can’t really take them out on a ride to see what happens.

stevied
    Free Member

Put each pair on then run/jump down the stairs a bit. The jarring/bouncing should give you and idea of whether they’ll stay up or not.
    If you’ve got a turbo trainer try doing a gentle ride on there to see of they stay up/rub etc (but try not to get them sweaty 😉 )

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

I’ve got the same pads in size small (I wear Medium or Large in other brands’ knee pads). I find them a snug fit with a bit of looseness at the top but they stay up fine due to the rubberised grippers. Recently had a nasty crash and they did the job fine although they don’t provide much coverage above/below knee so a few scuffs and bruises there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Troy Lee knee pad fit’ is closed to new replies.