Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Troy Lee Helmets UK Crash Replacement Policy?
  • Neil-S
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m pretty tempted by a new TLD helmet. However, I can’t find any crash replacement policy info specific to the UK.

I’m not as keen if they don’t offer a discount if I fall off and trash it.

Does anyone know the score with this?

Cheers,

Neil.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Short answer, there isn’t one.

Neil-S
    Free Member

What’s the long answer then Hob Nob? Sounds like you may have some experience here…

cynic-al
    Free Member

No mention of any crash replacement policy on the importer’s website, why do you think one would exist?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

cos of

CRASH REPLACEMENT POLICY:

Troy Lee Designs understands that accidents will happen. As a result, Troy Lee Designs will assist with the replacement of your helmet by providing a 30% discount off of Troy Lee Designs current suggested retail price in your respective country. All other provisions of this warranty apply and the procedures outlined for warranty service apply also to the accident replacement policy. Troy Lee Designs will make the final decision on whether the part will be covered under the crash replacement policy.

from the D3 pdf manual

cynic-al
    Free Member

Tried emailing TLD and Fisheroutdoor?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

No history, it’s just a US only thing!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

So why does it state respective country?
    Fishers would still be selling you one at more than trade so they shouldnt care.

Neil-S
    Free Member

Pipe down Cynic-al.

I’d would think that they why would have one as most of the other reputable companies have one. Seems reasonable to expect that TLD would offer something.

Why would I try emailing them on a Saturday?

If you have nothing useful to add, perhaps you should go and troll someone else’s thread. There’s a good chap.

Thanks everyone else 🙂

toppers3933
    Free Member

Officially there is no crash replacement policy through fishers but they will usually asses it on a case by case basis. Best to contact them and see what they say.

Oh and wind your neck in a bit. I’m pretty sure cynic-al was making a genuine suggestion. No harm in giving the benefit if the doubt, hey. 🙂

hatter

The difference between here and the states is that in the states they have legally enforcible MAP pricing so 30% off a TLD lid is a big deal.

Here CRC and co have the new lids at 15-20% off before they even land, combine that with a voucher code and it’s not hard to source a replacement at the crash replacement price.

This renders the whole thing somewhat irrelevant and when you combine this with the fact that crash replacement programmes are fiddly and time consuming to administer you can understand why Fishers don’t offer it. There’s no real world benefit to either party.

Bell, Giro etc are different, they work on an entirely different scale to TLD and can therefore afford to offer half price crash replacement’ this makes it worth doing, both for the customer and the distributor.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Troy Lee Helmets UK Crash Replacement Policy?’ is closed to new replies.