Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Troy Lee A1's for £55 at CRC
  • winston
    Free Member

Or even cheaper with a code. Seems good value to me and I’ve just ordered one to replace my ageing lid

hora
    Free Member

HEL20 doesn’t work?

jam-bo

there was a £12 off £60 knocking around earlier in the week.

RustyMac

Hora – offer ends 29/07/14 *selected models only.

In the banner for the offer.

Northwind

I can’t get HEL20 to work, it always says it’s already applied to my account. But it’s still a good deal tbh. If the orange was in the sale I’d have on I reckon but they do say they’re very hot to wear.

winston
    Free Member

No Hel 20 is only on selected helmets. But 55 is pretty cheap already! Also I had a mystery discount as well (why mystery its always £5!!)

They are supposed to be warm but then for most of the year the UK isn’t so I’m sure I’ll cope and use my old spesh lid for the really hot days

scruff
    Free Member

They are big and hot but very comfy and seem to offer a lot of protection, thankfully not tested that yet.

hora
    Free Member

When you say hot- how hot compared to others? Hot on a hot summers day or hot in general? I tend to take all helmets off when on climbs.

BTW- the earlier code still works- popped something else into basket to get over £60 and ordered. Ta OP 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

Hora, 3.5c at 1000watts with 2 inch long grey hair.

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

Not quite as hot as my Giro Feature but in the same ballpark. Really good quality though (waaaaay better made than the Feature), very comfy and nice ratchety securing system.

hora
    Free Member

Well I’ll keep it for my autumn/winter helmet and keep truckin with my Flux for now..

Saying that the Flux is quite warm I guess.

bigtimebones
    Free Member

Hora – I have owned a Flux and currently own an A1 and the A1 is much warmer.

Comfiest helmet I have owned.

jam-bo

I find the A1 marks out the fashion bikers.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I thought the flux was very bulky compared to my hex, I’ve actually gone back to wearing my flux even though it’s taken a good beating. Is the a1 a bit less bulky than the flux?

bigtimebones
    Free Member

More bulky Stu

hora
    Free Member

oh bollocks. What next green or baby blue shorts?

bigtimebones
    Free Member

oh bollocks. What next green or baby blue shorts?

As long as they match your bike, socks and jersey it doesnt matter.

singlespeedstu

*Makes note to sell both my A1’s*

hora
    Free Member

I thought the flux was very bulky compared to my hex, I’ve actually gone back to wearing my flux even though it’s taken a good beating. Is the a1 a bit less bulky than the flux?

I’ve got a Flux and a Giro Atmos (full on roadie helmet?) that I bought a few years back cheep. I suppose if you stare at them its obvious but on- TBH I’ve no idea. Even though the Atmos is vented to **** but then out on the trail theres always someone who drips buckets from their regardless whereas I hardly sweat (much). More my back.

zelak999
    Free Member

Goppin’ colours though!

hora
    Free Member

Re the quality.

I still have a TLD tshirt, a TLD DH short and TLD gloves that I bought in 2003 and 2004. All my other kit has perished from this time.

hora
    Free Member

Very well made – and it appears well vented but sits around (good) but also very ontop of my head so its going back 🙁

binners

Hora in Returning Product He’s Bought Without Even Trying it Shocka!!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

atlaz
    Free Member

sits around (good) but also very ontop of my head

is a helmet going on top of your head a bad thing these days?

hora
    Free Member

No but it sits a great deal higher than my Flux. I can deal with its bulk but not bulk supremo.

godzilla
    Free Member

I got an A1 to replace my dinged POC, I regret not getting another POC, the A1 is nowhere near as cool or comfy and the paint is flaking off.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Troy Lee A1's for £55 at CRC’ is closed to new replies.