Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Troy Lee A1 size Medium/Large – snug or spacious?
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Have had a XL/XXL A1 for a few months and although it’s very comfortable I’m not entirely happy with it. It sits on my head like the little diagrams in the booklet and I can’t wrestle it off when the strap’s fastened but it just seems…big.

I think the XL/XXL would fit someone with a much larger head than mine (60-61 cm) and was wondering if the M/L is equally as spacious 😕

Anyone towards the top end of the size M/L how do you find it? Ta

rOcKeTdOg

I take a medium in Giro/Bell/fox but a small A1 fits fine if that helps?

nickjb
    Free Member

I believe some big headed folks find it a bit narrow. There’s a few comments here and a pic I posted which might help: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tld-a1-helmet-sizing

rocketman
    Free Member

Helpful pic thanks fellas!

redders25
    Free Member

Right about it being narrow, I have the M/L its pretty snug on me. It starts getting a bit tight around the side of my head if I let my hair grow as I have quite thick hair!

rocketman
    Free Member

Can I ask how big your head is redders

redders25
    Free Member

58.5cm. Helmet size is 57-59cm

Had to work out how to measure it as currently in the office, ended up using a headphone wire and a ruler so there may be a bit of leeway in the measurement.

I can always measure up again when I get home this evening?

rocketman
    Free Member

Thanks redders it sounds as though your A1 is a pretty good fit. Do you think it’d go to 60-61 cm?

redders25
    Free Member

Hard to say, it would depend on the shape of your head. Length ways there is still a decent amount of room with mine but not with the width.

rocketman
    Free Member

Ok thanks again. My head is pretty long but quite narrow the straps at the front of the XL/XXL are probably 2 cm away from the side of my head

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Troy Lee A1 size Medium/Large – snug or spacious?’ is closed to new replies.