Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Troy Lee 5450 knee-shin combo pads – any good?
  • wl
    Free Member

As title really. Are they comfy and do they stay put? How’s their sizing? Any good for all-day riding? Ta v much.

honourablegeorge

Size up somewhat small, try a Medium if you’re a Large in others.

They do stay put – the shin piece keeps the knee pad up (the knees on their own are less good). Some discomfort in the silicon grippers pulling a bit of hair but minor. Not that bad to pedal in, and I HATE wearing kneepads – not worn them for pedalling much TBH, mainly DH, but they’ve been ok.

chakaping
    Free Member

Did you get that the wrong way round george?

Pretty sure my knee-only version is small (and I’m usually M or L in leg-related things).

Troy Lee have an online measuring guide which I used.

honourablegeorge

chakaping – Member
    Did you get that the wrong way round george?

Pretty sure my knee-only version is small (and I’m usually M or L in leg-related things).

I think if you read it again you’ll see we’re in agreement.

chakaping
    Free Member

oh yes, at ease then

😳

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

I love the knee shin for it’s lightness and comfort. Great for trail riding but they don’t give as much all round protection (especially on the sides) as the 661 Kyle Straits that I use so I’ll be taking these when I ride proper mountains.

I did use the size chart but found the elbow pads too small and they gave me bad arm pump on long descents (riding in Molini). Abandoned them after 1 day’s use. I didn’t like the fact that they need to grip your arm which won’t ever help in the arm pump department.

tomhoward

double post!

tomhoward

I didn’t like the fact that they need to grip your arm which won’t ever help in the arm pump department.

how else could they attach?

Back to the knee pads, I like mine, they aren’t too bulky and are ok to pedal in, not found out what they are like when I crash yet though!

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

how else could they attach?

with straps….that you can adjust. The 5550 elbows are a lycra/elastic sleeve with some grippers thrown in. Mine are on the tight-ish side and this gave me bad arm pump. I rode without them for the next 3 days and had no problems.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Troy Lee 5450 knee-shin combo pads – any good?’ is closed to new replies.