Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Troutbeck routes
  • dalepoint
    Free Member

Hi I am going to be staying at the camping and caravan club site near troutbeck in a couple of weeks.(CA11 0SX). Does anyone have a gpx file of a route I could do while the 25-30 miles ish.

specializedboy1AThotmailDOTcoDOTuk

carlos
    Free Member

Sorry no GPX route but Whinlatter isn’t far for a trail centre or High Street circuit which starts in Pooley Bridge

Hth

dalepoint
    Free Member

ok thanks

Andy

carlos
    Free Member

And theres the Borrowdale Classic that starts in Keswick @ 18 miles ish.

I’m pretty sure I’ll have the Borrowdale as a MBR cut out map somewhere if you want it? Drop me your address if you do, my e mail is in my profile

Carl

d45yth
    Free Member

ignore

grum
    Free Member

[strike]From Troutbeck I would go over Garburn Pass to Kentmere, climb up past Kentmere Hall, descend (left at the stream) back down to Staveley, then climb up and over to Longsleddale. Up the road to Sadgill, then climb/descend back over to Kentmere. Ride up the way you came down Garburn Pass, then follow Garburn Pass down to Troutbeck.

If you feel like adding more you could then go up and over Jenkin Crag into Ambleside (great descent) and either back the way you came or back along the road.

I don’t have a gpx but the navigation isn’t too tricky if you can read a map.[/strike]

Edit: Doh! Never mind.

d45yth
    Free Member

Grum – You’ve made the same mistake as me…It’s the Troutbeck near Penrith the OP’s staying at. I deleted my original post after recommending a few rides, including yours.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Troutbeck routes’ is closed to new replies.