Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Trousers with decent thigh room
  • igm

Jeans I can find, but who makes trousers (suits and/or chinos) with decent thigh room? I’m fed up with waistbands that are far too big for me and thighs that are skin tight.

somouk
    Free Member

I find next and M & S chinos are fine for me but their suit trousers were too tight on the thighs.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Get a pair of these…. and the rest can go and play.

igm

Perchy – it’s tempting sometimes. Was hoping for something a little better cut though.

FuzzyWuzzy

Ted Baker endurance suit trousers seem to have more generous thigh room than most (or at least the version I have do, they do so many styles I never know if it’s the range or individual style that has the same fit)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Suits – Roderick Charles.

footflaps

Ted Baker endurance suit trousers seem to have more generous thigh room than most

yep, I have an Endurance Suit and the trousers are more generous than most Jeans etc….

ads678

I also have a TB Endurance suit and agree that the trousers are more generous.

I find that most pleated suit trousers have more room, rather than more fashionable suits!!

I usually go up a waist size in suits though as I tend to only wear them at do’s where I may be eating and drinking a fair amount!!

BillOddie

I have BIG thighs, I wear Dickies 854 “work pants” at errrr work.

igm

Wearing a TB Endurance suit as we speak. Better than some, but I still had to have the thighs let out as far as they’d go (ok not much) and the waistband taken in a few inches.
    Aquascutum used to be good, as did Baumler but since they went bust and were reborn they just ain’t the same.

CFH – I may check them out next time I’m in the deep south.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Carhatts too small for me…

igm

I wonder where Chris Hoy shops…

Stoner
    Free Member

I wonder where Chris Hoy shops…

Thigh & Mighty?

garage-dweller

M&S for me. Rhino thighs.

Fitted shirts for a big neck and not an enormous gut is another matter.

allfankledup

Rohan fusions

I am getting old though. Love rohan kit, expensive initially but fairly good in the long term

Albanach
    Free Member

I’ve just got 3 pairs of GAP straight fit chinos for work and they are ideal and I’ve fairly large thighs. I’ve used Uniqlo chinos in the past and they’ve been good although a wee bit neater than the GAP ones.

kilo

use uniqlo for work chinos, pretty good fit

Gotama
    Free Member

Charles Tyrwhitt classic fit suit trousers are fairly spacious. I also find M&S too narrow in the thigh.

Kamakazie

Yeah the non slim fit Ted Baker stuff seems pretty roomy. Even the slim fit stiff has decent thigh room considering how narrow they are in the lower leg!

Aristotle
    Free Member

Same here.

I wear John Lewis trousers for work, albeit in 34 rather than the 32 that my waist measures.

Otherwise, trousers from the USA seem to fit me better than British “modern fit”

-from what I can tell, the typical modern British man is expected to have no glutes or quads. Who decided this?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Matalan are great for cheap work trousers with a looser cut thigh. M&s are nicer but tighter.

igm

CFH – not bad for an off the peg suit, not bad at all

Gotama
    Free Member

I’ve had mixed experience with Roderick Charles. The first part tailored suit was great and lasted for ages. The second off the peg job fell apart after a very short time and generally didn’t seem particularly well made. One man’s experience in a million though.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Trousers with decent thigh room’ is closed to new replies.