Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Trouser suggestions for when outside…..
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Generally titting about in the garden, splitting logs, walking dogs etc.

Any thoughts?

scaredypants

yeah, I would

wwaswas

wot he sed.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I tend to favour the open backed surgical gown myself but if you want to get on board with the mainstream trouser brigade then carry on.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I didn’t think that through did I? 😡

perchypanther
    Free Member

Generally titting about in the garden

A bra is what you want for that sort of thing.

hodgynd
    Free Member

😆
    Waterproof overtrousers on top of anything ..keeps you dry & warm

hatter

I tend to favour the open backed surgical gown myself

Makes all sorts of things ‘come alive’ regardless of your current wheel choices.

wwaswas

I tend to favour the open backed surgical gown myself

The illusion of modesty coupled with absolutely no decency.

A wise choice sir.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Aldi workwear trousers. Shit loads of pockets, thick cotton material. Do get shorter after a few washes though so start long 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

waxed cotton chaps is the look you should be aiming for.

Really impressive if that’s ALL you wear too.

jam-bo

surely:

Home

sharkbait
    Free Member

Makes all sorts of things ‘come alive’

Dunno, in this weather it tend to kill my ‘things’!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Make sure you know where your trousers are made. Very important.

doris5000

I generally go for either the jeans with paint on them or the jeans that feel almost like cardboard. Occasionally the jeans with the hole in the crotch if I need some extra ventilation

senorj

You need a boiler suit, with long johns underneath.
    Flat cap completes the Dibnah look.

BillMC

Moleskins

IHN

Surely the lamest question ever on STW. And by god it was a low bar already.

sharkbait
    Free Member

You need a boiler suit

Got one but sometimes it’s a bit much.

Moleskins are a good call actually.

funkmasterp

Outdoor trousers. Don’t commit the same folly that I did and wear your indoor trousers when attending an outdoor event. How stupid did I look?

wwaswas

I have to say I have two pairs of HebTroCo moleskins and they’re great in colder weather.

cords would be a good choice too if you don;t mind the skirf-skirf of pile against pile (sic) when you walk.

(other brands of moleskin trousers are available)

theteaboy
    Free Member

I use the Putin calendar for outdoor style tips.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Whatever strides ya fancy + merino long johns (in winter obvs)

TheBrick
    Free Member

This is pure start! What trousers for being outside!

Next installment will be what jumper for the living room and what socks for the kitchen.

alexpalacefan

In the interest of a sensible answer, British Army Lightweights, over thermals if necessary.

APF

crankboy
    Free Member

craghopper lined combats for winter warmth , 12 year old unlined for summer cool. the fabric lasts 12+ years the stitching about 10 but can easily be repaired.
    http://www.uttings.co.uk/p109841-craghoppers-kiwi-winter-lined-trousers-black-cmj245-800/?adwords=true&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI16z2x6761wIVq7ftCh3NPgI_EAQYASABEgLg2vD_BwE#.Wip_qPll-uU
    currently £15 from the craghoppers site

wwaswas

what jumper for the living room

jumper?

Good god man it’s a cardigan or, if you feel particularly dashing, a smoking jacket for the living room.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Good god man it’s a cardigan or, if you feel particularly dashing, a smoking jacket for the living room.

Living room?! Like an oik?

Smoking jacket for the drawing room or study/library surely?

antigee

crankboy – Member
    craghopper lined combats for winter warmth , 12 year old unlined for summer cool. the fabric lasts 12+ years the stitching about 10 but can easily be repaired…….

not checked the posted link but I suspect that crankboy is proposing some sort of trouser share arrangement – nobody is in the garden all the time and if someone just down the road has some well maintained but ageing trousers that need a bit of exertion makes sense to nip round and hand them over – getting back home is a personal choice

scuttler

Waterproof overtrousers on top of anything ..keeps you dry & warm

Unless you’re one of those car washing chaps you see at abandoned petrol stations around the land in which case jeans, jumper and trainers or tracksuit seems infinitely better suited to the task regardless of the season. You might’ve thought the employer would provide suitable PPE.

As for the OP, how do you manage to get out of bed in the morning, never mind chop wood. If you genuinely need advice, Decathlon hiking trousers are good – https://www.decathlon.co.uk/C-308329-trousers/N-112489-sport~hiking

Even available in denim stylee if you want one pant to rule them all.

funkmasterp

Living room?! Like an oik?

Smoking jacket for the drawing room or study/library surely?

Come now, we all know that in reality all of us are in toothpaste stained dressing gowns

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve a few pairs of Fjallraven ones.
    Vida pro are my go to for crappy weather Dog walks/ general mucking around in the garden.

bikebouy
    Free Member

MMM’ateur’s the lot of ya’s.. Obvz fashion has it’s place and all you really need to do is head off to BnQ for some blue and greyish paint like this lady ..

Amateur’s

However, you do have to get to BnQ so I’d suggest a

onehundredthidiot

Kuhl ryder (or however the he’ll they spell it) weighty cotton. Don’t get the gunmetal ones though as they all distress and the gunmetal ones don’t do that we’ll.

BigJohn

I get my work trousers from Tradepoint (B&Q trade counter). The Rigour Worker trouser. Fits me fine, strong, quite presentable, poly cotton, so warmer and quicker drying than denim when wet. £6 plus VAT.

natrix
    Free Member

But what belt to go with those fine trousers???

May I suggest https://www.andyrummingsbeef.co.uk/leather where the hides are pit tanned in oak bark for over 12 months to produce some of the finest quality heavy leather in the world. 😯

Or you could use some old bailer twine……………

stwhannah

I am enjoying this thread 🙂

But:

craghopper lined combats

I am yet to find anyone look attractive in a pair of craghoppers.

My apologies to the percentage of the forum who might be owners of such trousers, but I feel quite strongly about them. This may or may not be connected to previous bad experiences with a geography teacher and fellow artificial intelligence students. But anyway, I would counsel against such leg wear.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Come now, we all know that in reality all of us are in toothpaste stained dressing gowns

That’s NOT toothpaste 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

fellow artificial intelligence students

Wait…what?

Anyway, I do fear for the OP. If he needs STW to advise him on what trousers to wear outside, I feel many basic day to day activities may be overwhelming for them. If that is the case, I will volunteer, as is y duty as a STW stalwart, to help with bum wipes and burping.

andyha
    Free Member

I use the Decathlon hunting trousers such as these ones ones , the nylon patches protect you from hawthorn, briars and brambles if you use them work outside

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Trouser suggestions for when outside…..’ is closed to new replies.