Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • trouser / shorts advice please
  • wanderer
    Free Member

I commute 20 miles/day on a cyclocross and take varied terrains including roads, bridleways, and tow paths.
    My own view is that women should always wear lycra, whereas men shouldn’t. I personally should never wear lycra. Throughout the winter I tend to wear full length padded tights with baggy shorts over top.
    I would like to find a pair of 3/4 length shorts or full trousers which are waterproof, breathable, and padded. Preferably with some reflective details. Does such a thing exist?
    cheers

VanHalen

altura attack 3/4s are ok. i like the 3/4 as it seems to offer a bit of extra weather protection.

i think with any ‘waterproof’ on really wet days is subjective – they wont stop it all. especially on high wear areas (arse)

padded shorts/bibs under if necessary.

i sometime use trousers but only when its pretty much snowing otherwise they are too hot. my commute varies from 10 mins to 2 hours depending on how distracted i get. a mixture of jumps, singletrack, fire road climbs and pushing back up for another go.

i ride in all weathers.

wanderer
    Free Member

Thanks Eddie. Looking at the altura attacks now.
    Sounds like you’ve got a nice commute. When I can get my hands on a new mountain bike I’ll be able to do something similar. In the meantime some of the bridleways I take on the cyclocross are damn near as fun as cross country on my old mountain bike – a little stiffer mind.

coconut
    Free Member

Go on Tenn cycling website. Waterproof trousers are £27 and they are really good.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I use a cheap pair of lightweight ‘ splashproof’ ,windroof,trousers over bibs in winter,keeps me warm and clean underneath and fast drying.
    Sondico’s

jekkyl

My own view is that women should always wear lycra

!

ianpv
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of those Tenn trousers and they are pretty good – I use them for rides with the dog or very cold/wet rides and I’ve been really surprised at how good they are.

wanderer
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips. I’d never even heard of tenn before. I definitely think I’ll give them a go.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘trouser / shorts advice please’ is closed to new replies.