Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Trouser press – Worth buying ?
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

My friend is considering buying a trouser press, but is not sure how useful they are in reality. I have only used one in hotel rooms, with limited success.

Should he bother? Any hints and tips how to make best use of them? Any features he should be looking for?

TooTall
    Free Member

If he is tall, don't bother. They will only pres the bottom of the trousers and not get the top creased section inside.

scaredypants

like turbo trainers – good for leaving in a corner & hanging stuff over

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I think he is around 6'1" tall.

Sirneildementure
    Free Member

Iron?

Harry_the_Spider

I got given one for Christmas once off my mum. The conversation went like this…

Me "Oh… A trouser press"
    Mum "Everybody should have one"
    Me "You haven't"

It went in the loft for a couple of years then I gave it away.

Pigface
    Free Member

Get a wife 😉

Midnighthour
    Free Member

If they are so useless, why do hotels bother to supply them? Or does it just look good on the star rating?

slowuphill
    Free Member

Got One. Use it every day. Niced pressed trousers everyday. Does what it says.. Press trousers. On cold days turn it on in morning and hey presto….. nice warm pressed trousers.

AndyP
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member

like turbo trainers – good

agreed entirely 🙂

Oh, hello Susan. Slight problem. I was a bit bored, so I dismantled my Corby trouser press. I can't put it back together again. Will that show up on my bill?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I think it may be worth having a Corby Trouser Press, just so one can nod wisely at the repeated references to it in Private Eye. 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

This is a great thread!
    Up til now it never even occured to me that it was possible to consider asking the question "Do I need a trouser press?".
    Now I'm pondering all the other things I've never considered. I'm tempted to start a thread for things people have never considered considering, but I suspect it's broadly covered by the philosphy of Donald Rumsfeld 🙂

jackthedog
    Free Member

Oh, hello Susan. Slight problem. I was a bit bored, so I dismantled my Corby trouser press. I can't put it back together again. Will that show up on my bill?

Exactly what I thought when I read the thread title, and in fact what I think every time a trouser press is mentioned.

GrahamS

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Damn, you all got there before me with the Alan Partridge connection. Your friend needs to get out more.

Gary_C

So thats where sfb gets his fashion sense from!!

freddyg
    Free Member

I got one for my 21st birthday present – after months of:

Mum: "What do you want for your 21st"
    Me: "I'd love a camera – an SLR would be cool"
    Mum: "Are you sure?"
    Me: "Yep. I've always wanted an SLR. A Minolta X-300 starter kit. It's not too expensive"

The joy on my face when presented with the box, at my party (in front of my mates) was apparent to all. The uncomfortable silence continued when I was urged to open the box and my crest fallen expression was obvious. I even tried an "Oh! A trouser press! Lovely"… but they all saw through it.

It was 22 years ago. I still have it. I have used it four times. I'm not bitter.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Trouser press – Worth buying ?’ is closed to new replies.