Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Trouble with Schwalbe and American Classic combo
  • oldnick

Morning all,

I’ve got some Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.25 tubeless ready snakeskin evo (jesus the list of features is almost endless)tyres and a pair of American Classic Race Tubeless 26″ wheels.

So far so good, until I try to mount the bloody things.

Without a tube the tyres resist all efforts to catch any air, with a tube they just will not pop onto the rim. Been up to 50psi so far with no luck, despite loads of washing up liquid and swearing.

Never had this much trouble in 5 years of tubeless, any (constructive) ideas?

muggomagic

I had the same problem with Bontrager wheels and Nobby Nics. I went and bought a 10 pack of co2 and used around 4 or 5 to get the f**kers to inflate. The worst bit about it is that 3 rides in and the rear tyre got a nice big slit in it in the centre of the tread. So makes all the effort seem a little wasted.
    Back to the Specialized 2bliss Purgatorys, a 100g heavier but built for mountain biking and a doodle to inflate with just a track pump too.

oldnick

Glad it’s not just me 😉

They pop onto some Stan’s Crest nae bother, so why are the AC’s such a pain?

rob2
    Free Member

I have racing Ralph’s on my American classics. One is double defence and went on fine the other is just an evo and needed co2 to inflate.

I also tried nobby nics on my xt wheels. Couldn’t get them to inflate. I think the bead on schwalbe tyres might be a bit ‘baggy’

Maxxis for me from now on 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trouble with Schwalbe and American Classic combo’ is closed to new replies.