Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • trouble with Ford Fiesta windows
  • froggy67
    Free Member

Passenger side window has been a bit intermittent in operation for the last week or so – from either drivers or passengers switch. 2002 model Fiesta.
    Today I forgot and wound the windows down before a trip this morning and then found it wouldn’t go back up again. Had to do a 30 minute drive with the windows down and believe me at 8:00 this morning it felt cold. It then decided to start working again !!!!
    It will go to the garage this week but has anyone got any ideas where the problem might be.

craigxxl
    Free Member

It may have lost its memory settings. Starting with the window down close the window, then try closing it again and hold for 10 seconds. Open the window all the way, then try closing again for 10 seconds. Hopefully this should reset the memory for the window. You can try it on all the windows to make sure the open and close positions are memorised.

zilog6128

If it’s anything like my 2001 Focus the window motors stick. Solution is to take off the door panel and whack the motor with a hammer (well documented problem & solution).

froggy67
    Free Member

The sticky motor sounds possible as when it did eventually start working again it seemed to be very slow in moving.
    And as a true fiddler, the opportunity to take the door panel off and poke about is always welcome, although Mrs F is now looking at me in that “don’t dare break it” manner.

milky1980
    Free Member

My old ’05 Fiesta did this on the passenger window due to lack of use and the fact that I parked with the passenger side next to a wall. The sun never got to it so the damp conditions meant the window runners got slightly stiff as a moss-like green stuff started growing in them!! Lubed the runners with some spray a garage gave me and it was fine for a few months, another spray every few weeks kept it good.

stumpy01

As above, the window stuck on the passenger side of my Fiesta and upon investigating I ended up removing the motor from the gearbox and putting it back on…
    That got it working again for some reason and it was fine after that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘trouble with Ford Fiesta windows’ is closed to new replies.