Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Trouble using my phone in Spain.
  • zippykona

Being dead posh I have an iphone 4s with a 3 sim in it that I use when we go to Europe. I can make calls and use the Internet perfectly.
    It’s slow and the screen is too small so I thought I’d put the sim in my galaxy s4. I can make calls but I can’t get the internet to work. I’ve turned on data roaming.Any ideas?

garage-dweller

I am by no means certain about this but i think data roaming might have needed to be switched on when the phone was last connected to the network in the UK.

Eg i switch my phone off as I’m about to board my flight for Alicante.

If at this point roaming is on then when I switch it back on in Alicante data roaming will work and I can now turn it on and off at will.

If before boarding the plane I have roaming OFF then I can’t (I think) turn it on again when I get there – well I can switch on but it won’t work.

That’s what all the service messages were telling me when on holiday in August. (We were outside the EU though so I REALLY didn’t want any data charges. I guess that could have made a difference)

In your case the android phone was maybe not set to roam before you left?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Did you do a power down / up on the Samsung ? Other thing I sometimes try is setting carrier to manual, picking a network andnthen putting it back to automatic

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Trouble using my phone in Spain.’ is closed to new replies.