Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Trouble mounting tyres on XT wheels
  • clump
    Free Member

Trying for the first time to mount UST tyres (Maxxis LUST High Rollers) onto my XT wheelset (M776) and they just will not pop into place. Tried track pump and garage forecourt airline, wet and dry mounting, and evey other trick that I know.
    There are a couple of factory drilled holes in the rim, which I assume are for letting water in/out of the spoke bed, which the air seems to be whistling out of.
    Anyone got any (sensible/useful) ideas?
    Cheers

rickon
    Free Member

Have you used rim tape? And a tubeless conversion kit like stans? Or a ghetto method? And… Are you using sealant?

Jamie
    Free Member

All i can offer is i just got rid of a pair of 776s and they were totally painless to mount Maxxis LUST Ignitors. Used a £5 Aldi trackpump as well so you shouldn't need a compressor. You just need to give them some pumping until you hear the 2 bangs of the beads seating.

rickon – Member
    Have you used rim tape? And a tubeless conversion kit like stans?

You do not need them. It is a UST rim.

nickegg
    Free Member

+1 for what Jamie says…i have the M775 wheels on my Zesty. Have mounted 2.35 Ignitor/2.1 Crossmark/2.25 Crossmark (all LUST) with fingers/thumbs and inflated within seconds with just a trackpump.

If you can hear air coming from the tiny holes in the outside of the rim then i suspect you have air leaking into the rim itself. The only place it can do that is around the valve as the rim bed is completely sealed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trouble mounting tyres on XT wheels’ is closed to new replies.