Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Trouble brewing…..
  • theboatman
    Free Member

I’ve broke my right wrist twice, once in my teens whilst not landing the BMX, and in my 30’s travelling over the roof of a BMW whilst cycling to work. Fast forward to today, quick blast out this am and bakewell carnival this afternoon, nothing too testing. I go to cut a slice of quiche for the smallest boatms, and my wrist crunches like I’ve stepped on broken glass and the pain makes me execute a girly squeal! All back to normal, but beaten by quiche at 45 ffs!!!

Looks like I’ll need to start putting hand cream on the left hand in future!!

Anyone else got any bike related mishaps waiting to haunt them in later life?

funkmasterp

Vertical break to the radius a few years ago. Doctor told me I have osteoarthritis to look forward to. Yay! Left knee and ankle also seem to be on the way out. I’m undecided whether this is from skateboarding, martial arts or falling off bikes.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Right shoulder full of crunchy bits after being t boned about 10 years ago. Chest (sternum?) clicks painfully with certain loads after landing on the end of my bars in a crash.

RobHilton
    Free Member

my wrist crunches like I’ve stepped on broken glass

Walking on Broken Glass is playing in the pub as I read this 😯 😯

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

Broke some fingers on the right hand punching the ground when a landing went wrong. Two of the upper joints clunk and riding a motorbike gets tricky when randomly I can’t let go of the twist grip..

Landed on my face once and although it improved my looks my jaw now dislocates every time I open it and if I ever knock it it flares right up so I can barely open my mouth.

Bashed my foot about really well and get occasional pain in the ball of the big toe on the right. Again, if I knock it, even quite gently, it hurts like hell for a fair while and I struggle to put weight on it while walking.

Bloody bikes..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Trouble brewing…..’ is closed to new replies.