Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Troosers for commuting duties
  • legend
    Free Member

I’m sure this subjest was covered fairly recently, but I couldn’t find the right thread.

Looking for something to take the edge off the cold really. Generally wear Endura Hummvee shorts, but they are a bit chilly these days! Don’t have to be waterproof, just not too bulky, not overly warm (part of my commute is indoors, uphill, on a singlespeed)

Endura Hummvee, Firefly or Singletrack trousers seem the obvious choice, but am I missing any others?

P.S. Hoping to avoid tights due to them probably being baggy on my chicken legs

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Try some legwarmers. Ideal for the spring when mornings are cold and afternoons less so.

IA

Ditto the above.

Depends how cold tho, my endura thermolite bib 3/4s are the daddy for cold commutes (and rides in general). Soft and furry on the inside, being bibs no gap to get your back/belly cold.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    csb

My mind is boggled by your indoors uphill commute. Do you ride up a multi storey car park?

WillC9999
    Free Member

Or an escalator on the Northern Line?

kristoff
    Free Member

I’m currently using endura tech pants for my commute. Have been perfect given the recent weather!

Although I can’t wait for the warmer weather so I can get back into shorts.

legend
    Free Member

The commute 🙂 (not me in the video)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE2JsQtzG8U[/video]

It’s usually a few degrees warmer inside there than out, no wind chill as well of course so you can find yourself getting pretty warm!

hadn’t really considered knee warmers, could be worth a look. The idea of being able to chop n change is handy

coastkid
    Free Member

Keela Scuffer

Got a few pairs and they are ace, Scottish Mountain rescue use Keela gear, its good kit. 🙂

jonba
    Free Member

I have some altura ones but the fit is a bit MC Hammer. I actually like my Ronhills – warm enough, dry quick and pack small.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

full length i.e.kneelengh ski socks 3/4 endura thermal bib tights and fullleng the humvees over top -sorted
    if its really cold{in other words that cold that appearances dont matter} Craft winter leggins [if its more than-5 they’re too warm]

stratman
    Free Member

My singletrack trousers are fine from Oct to April – and I wear them on both road and mountain rides

maccruiskeen

If Surface still do their trews they work very well. Not waterproof but they shed water well and dry quick. Very light and stretchy, they look like regular trousers but don’t feel disimilar to lycra to wear. With a base layer under they are warm enough for properly chilly weather, but without you could wear them in the summer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Troosers for commuting duties’ is closed to new replies.