Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • TRON & Daft Punk :-)
  • kimbers

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPFpcKm0B7U&feature=player_embedded[/video]

julianwilson
    Free Member

😀 of course! 😀

disco_stu
    Free Member

gonna have to catch this in 3d at the imax!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    redthunder
    Free Member

First film was ahead of it’s time.

and the light bikes are AWESOME.

Off to play GLTRON

willard

Time to book a seat at the cinema I think. I just hope it’s not going to disappoint me…

enduro-aid
    Free Member

very very excited about this, the first movie was great and i’m a huge daft punk fan so this should be awesome

just have to prepare myself for the days of verbal abuse i will get from the misses for going to see it

j_me
    Free Member

🙂 Nice 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member
    rumbledethumps
    Free Member

The film looks amazing. Daft Punk are just out there. No one like em. My little ones have grown loving Interstella 5555.

tthew

Wicked. Anyone ever play Rez on the PS2? Is a bit like interactive Tron* but the game play builds the Daft Punkesque soundtrack as you move through the levels. Very addictive, even though I’m not a massive gamer.

*not verified by anyone with a clear memory of the original film.

Edit – good old youtube[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4EFNWe4mCc[/video]

damo2576
    Free Member

If you’re a Daft Punk fan you might like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0TBZeCgL0E&feature=player_embedded

Not sure how to embedd?

bassspine
    Free Member

I will be going to see that.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

A Tron thread with no Tron guy? I feel saddened and somewhat bemused. 🙄

CountZero
    thepurist

Tonight’s the night!

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Soooooooooooooooooooo excited. Been waiting all year for this. Might just have to go and book some tickets. Me, geeky, well… 😳

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Geek and proud of it. 😀

On a semi-serious note, it’s got to the point where you can tell if the film is going to be a turkey from the trailer ie, Transformers, The A team ( I mean, really). You could tell Inception was going to be good, and I think this could be a great film too. May well be proved wrong yet though.

thepurist

trailofdestruction – just don’t expect any depth to the characterisation, plot or dialogue and you (probably) won’t be disappointed.

ahwiles
    Free Member

the mash; right about everything all the time.

cool Daft Punk tune though – that one got turned up loud.

aP
    Free Member

I suppose this version really will have computer animation in it (unlike the original one).
    Amyway – when are they going to remake Hanger 13? I can remember being ever so excited going to see that at Welshpool cinema…

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

trailofdestruction – just don’t expect any depth to the characterisation, plot or dialogue and you (probably) won’t be disappointed.

No kidding. 🙄 I love trashy Hollywood films. It’s what they do best. If I’m not getting explosions, fancy costumes and loud music, I’m not getting my moneys worth. If I want serious films I’ll watch some Akira Kurosawa.

the mash; right about everything all the time.

That depends on how bitter and twisted your outlook on life is.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got the album. Daft Punk do classical very stylishly 🙂

Love simonralli’s link 😆

J0N
    Free Member

aP – Member
    I suppose this version really will have computer animation in it (unlike the original one).

Eh? Tron had loads of CGI in it. Its ground breaking advances in film technology were snubbed by the academy as using computer was ‘cheating’

IamSam
    Free Member

[video]http://vimeo.com/17687260[/video]

proper Derezzed video

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’m not bitter and twisted, i’m ‘resigned to accepting reality as i find it’…

aP
    Free Member

J0N – Member

aP – Member

Eh? Tron had loads of CGI in it. Its ground breaking advances in film technology were snubbed by the academy as using computer was ‘cheating’

err… no it didn’t. Most of it was hand drawn.

thepurist

Most of the ‘glowing suit’ stuff was done by hand tinting each frame – the light cycles etc. were proper CGI.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

i’m not bitter and twisted, i’m ‘resigned to accepting reality as i find it’…

If you walk through life expecting everything to be terrible you will make it terrible. It’s a self fulfilling prophecy.

finbar
    Free Member

f I’m not getting explosions, fancy costumes and loud music, I’m not getting my moneys worth.

I have a rule – if a film doesn’t have at least five decent explosions in, i’ve wasted my money going to see it at the cinema.

cuppatea
    Free Member

I saw this new film on a special preview on Tuesday.
    It is truly a visual treat and Daft Punk DEFINITELY brought da funk pretty much all the way through the soundtrack. The story was a bit simple, but you can forgive Disney for making it this way as it’s soooo good to watch. Oh, and that was only in 2-D!

ollie
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqWbNx-DjyM[/video] 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well on Tuesday I went to see “Enter the Void” and I can honestly say that was a total melon-twisting groundbreaker in terms of cinematic experience. But back to Tron……..

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘TRON & Daft Punk :-)’ is closed to new replies.