Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Trojan Horse review – playing into UKIP's hands
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30856590

Unless stuff like this is dealt with robustly then it’s more just fuel for UKIP and worse.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes agreed. Quite stunning comments from him. I am a firm believer that a combinations of political correctness and a total lack of courage to face these sorts of difficult issues creates a situation where they fester and the situations deteriorate and then the response becomes more extreme. It’s not just immigration or social issues, you saw exactly the same thing with banking regulation, no one wants to deal with a growing problem and then we arrive at the 2007/8 crises.

antigee

the BBC article is based on one person’s opinion and as far as I can see doesn’t reference or link to the report

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/review-into-possible-warnings-on-extremism-in-birmingham-schools

edit link here i hope – fails again on UK Gov indexing

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/review-possible-warnings-about-extremism-in-birmingham-schools

I may not like the terms of reference, the methodology or the conclusions but reporting one person’s opinions as fact is poor journalism

Junkyard
    Free Member

Basically some gentle closet racists like to clutch at straws and blame PC gone mad for events whatever the real causes. It serves their agenda to distort facts and evidence to false flag this case.

Look at Saville for example – started in the 70’s so not the fault of PC- if it happened now and he was not white it would be the fault of PC.

I agree irrational arguments not supported by the evidence or facts do help UKIP . That is why I tend to not make them nor sympathise with them

The review has found no instances where specific warnings were ignored by the department and no cases where departmental officials or ministers acted inappropriately. It has, however, found that the department has in the past lacked inquisitiveness on this issue, and that procedures could have been tighter than they were. It notes that the department needs always to be vigilant and inquisitive, and have robust systems in place if it is to play its part in preventing and countering the issues identified in Peter Clarke’s report.

TBH even if the claims were true incompetence from govt is more convincing than PC gone mad

I have to say blaming PC for the banking crisis is a farcical leap.

On the broader claim IMHO the fact racists jump on these things makes it harder to discuss them as you are never certain of the motives of those making the claims / supporting the cause. Take rotherham the number of right wing racist groups who marched there etc did not help us have mature debate about the subject. IME PC types are perfectly happy to discuss the issue but not with racists.

I am not saying anyone who has posted on this thread is a racist and I am not saying only racist scare about extremism. I am saying racists are stupid hence i had to add this caveat 😉

gobuchul
    Free Member

I am saying racists are stupid

That is an extremely foolish statement.

Not all racists are stupid. They are a lot of highly intelligent people who are racist, to think of all of them as stupid is wrong and is dangerous.

I agree irrational arguments not supported by the evidence or facts do help UKIP . That is why I tend to not make them nor sympathise with them

So you think that the “Trojan Horse” allegations are false?

I would have to disagree and have been told my a close relative who has worked in education in the Midlands for the last 30 years, that it is very real and is a major issue and she is a total left wing hand wringer.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I am saying racists are stupid hence i had to add this caveat

So James Watson, Nobel Prize Winner, one of the guys to discover DNA, who believes black people an intellectually inferior to whites can’t be a racist? He’ll be pleased you cleared that up.

lalazar
    Free Member

Jambalaya is this your full time job ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes I either mean that [ despite not saying it] or I mean his views make him stupid.

Best of luck with this conundrum

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So James Watson, Nobel Prize Winner, one of the guys to discover DNA, who believes black people an intellectually inferior to whites can’t be a racist? He’ll be pleased you cleared that up.

Life is full of paradoxes. Or hadn’t you noticed? Just clearing that up for you. HTH.

CountZero

Not stupid, just not very smart. Many highly intelligent people lack smarts, whereas less intelligent/intellectual folk can more often be very smart indeed. I believe the correct term is actually ‘common sense’, which I understand is subject to attempts to eradicate it via selective breeding. 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Trojan Horse review – playing into UKIP's hands’ is closed to new replies.