Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Triscombe uplifts exmoor day thurs 27th. need 1or 2 more riders.
  • toys19
    Free Member

Triscombe uplifts exmoor day thurs 27th. need 1or 2 more riders, its between 35 and 44 for the day depending on how many we are. Essentially you are guided down all of exmoors best singletrack descents, there are about 10 or 11 so some we will repeat. Top day out. The guide is a sponsored downhill racer who is a great guide and spetacular to watch. Email in profile if you can make it next thurs.

toys19
    Free Member

Bump – we are driving from exeter so can give a lift from there.

dropoff

Are you associated with the Green Badgers at all and who is the uplift with ?

toys19
    Free Member

no green badgers here? its the people who run triscombe uplift who do a nice trip across exmoor.

matthew2456
    Free Member

Interested in this, any more details?

Wherabouts will you be meeting in Exmoor? How many people will be going?

Who is doing th uplift? When do they require payment?

toys19
    Free Member

Its limted to 5 people, so we have 3, me and two of my mates all from exeter. The uplift is done by Duncan of Triscombe uplifts – see facebook . Its just a Landrover and trailer . I’m booking it so pay me in advance. Essentially it is £175 between 4 or 5 people. We did it in aug and had the time of our lives. All the best descents on exmoor with no climbing (well a bit) . Last time we met at triscombe, but as we are travelling from exeter we might meet in minehead, you could go to triscombe to meet duncan if you wamt, depends where you are coming from. Can give you a lift from xcreter.

toys19
    Free Member

See here http://www.facebook.com/pages/TRISCOMBE-UPLIFTS/337212724049

As described by them

it’s uplift assisted single track. Loads of trails, the guide will show you the way and meet the Land Rover at the bottom, then it’s up to you to do the trail again or do another one. 1700 ft descent from the top of Dunkery to sea level. You could descend over 7000 ft in the day with no up hill pushing!

Which is exactly what we did and had a brilliant time, that is why I am going back!

toys19
    Free Member

Bump for sunday crew.. Come on take thursday off and play on exmoor!

matthew2456
    Free Member

I am unsure if I can go, will let you know Wednesday evening if there are any spaces left.

Thanks

Matthew

toys19
    Free Member

cool matthew that will be fine, we are all on standby partly because of the weather, they are happy to go/no go on weds night so it should all be ok.

bobbyspangles

this is well worth it and Duncan and his lads will look after you all day.

do it

yunki
    Free Member

not able to make this one.. hopefully next time

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Triscombe uplifts exmoor day thurs 27th. need 1or 2 more riders.’ is closed to new replies.