Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Triscombe or Exmoor?
  • frogstomp

We’re off to the Southern Enduro near Minehead over the Easter weekend.. woot! (Entries close on Thursday)

Will be up there on the Friday also so looking for suggestions for another days riding that’ll be fun but maybe not too strenuous given the 2 days of racing to come.

Triscombe and Exmoor seem like obvious choices.. is the former easy to navigate (all off one hill? Where to park?), and any suggestions for routes for that or Exmoor?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Triscombe is just getting back on its feet after some pretty serious logging over the winter. ive not been since it the machines left, but the FB group is busy with dig days. There are a few trails open afaik, but I understand its a bit limited at present.

Exmoor is very much less like enduro and much more like proper trail riding.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Neither if you want your legs fresh for the weekend 😆

A 10 mile ride will be 2000-3000ft of climbing at both places so if you’re riding all day you’ll be knackered. Depending on how fit you are of course.

I don’t know Exmoor that well but if you park at Triscombe stone you’ve got lots of stuff within a few mins of the car.

scottfitz
    Free Member

you could try the quantocks instead of Triscombe.
    If you look on an OS map I can recommend:

Weacombe
    Smith’s combe
    Frog Combe

Edit: Just found this, wouldn’t follow this full route as it was a long ride but the northern bit has smith’s combe and weacombe with the best routes up (also has a good pub stop near the end of weacombe) https://www.strava.com/activities/9318696#207068473

northerntom
    Free Member

Rode triscombe on Sunday and there is more than enough rideable, but there’s a lot of climbing involved in any of it.

jam-bo

There is a lot more to quantocks than triscombe.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Shhhhh! We need to keep the rad types in the ghetto.

enigmas
    Free Member

Any news yet on how Triscombe’s recovering? From the page it’s looking like the main dh tracks are back up and running and look better than ever.

Were the more tucked away tracks like brendans track and the ukge track off the chimney felled as well?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Mostly just cockercombe, they didn’t go as far over as the Chimney.

If ‘Brendan’s track’ is the one I think it is, it was felled and is now out of bounds due to some kind of unspecified ‘conservation’ issue that was discovered during the works.

frogstomp

Thanks for the tips people.. not looking for anything too strenuous, just a bit of relaxed fun before the weekend! 8)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Triscombe or Exmoor?’ is closed to new replies.