Viewing 40 posts - 2,481 through 2,520 (of 2,724 total)
  • Tripster ATR finally built up – lush!
  • hugor
    Free Member

Thank you for your replies. Slowster your approach makes a lot of sense and simplified the issue for me. Thanks for taking the time to post.

jobro
    Free Member

This thread continues to give mature and useful advise.If only the rest of the forum was as helpful 🙂
    Well done all.

robertgray05
    Free Member

I’ve added both V1 and V2 to our geometrygeeks.bike site here

Hopefully that’ll make it easier to compare to what you’re riding now!

PS I trialled one last year as an endurance roadie… loved it.

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

I’ve joined the cracked Tripster owners club. 🙁

60cm frame, cracked drive-side chain stay immediately behind BB shell. It’s just under three years old, and has had a relatively gentle life as a winter road bike with the occasional summer outing on smoother Pentlands trails. Never raced, never crashed.

I’m not given to hyperbole or getting emotive, but right now feeling down in the dumps.

Vortexracing

Took mine out in CX mode this morning, was bloody filthy!!! 🙁

I was pleasantly surprised with how well it goes on loads of different surfaces. 😀

[url=https://flic.kr/p/R3aEvv]Untitled[/url] by eastham_david, on Flickr

I’m quite liking this bike, it seems to be able to turn its hands to all sorts. Looking fwd to some light touring on it in summer

Vortexracing

60cm frame, cracked drive-side chain stay immediately behind BB shell. It’s just under three years old,

V2 warranty job for you then ?

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

I hope the top tube/steerer interface is a bit, erm, beefier
    I’ve only 8 month’s warranty left!

DrP

Is it actually the case that replacement frames are only warrantied from the date of original purchase? Does the clock not get reset?

wiggles
    Free Member

Warranty is from original purchase date (as a general rule) so if you get a new frame on the last day of your 5 year warranty (for example) then you have no warranty for the replacement.

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

Do you think it would be an option to just get a refund?

Vortex – I’m not sure how much confidence I’d have in a V2 frame with pretty much no warranty left. Kinesis may have reinforced the down-tube given other failures reported here, but mine went at the CS/BB.

This is the first bike I’ve ever had which has had a broken frame.

moobaz
    Free Member

So what happens if a frame bought second hand or swapped to get a better frame fit cracks?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

So what happens if a frame bought second hand or swapped to get a better frame fit cracks?

With most manufacturers the warranty is with the original purchaser and not the bike so if you bought it second hand you’ll not have any warranty, unless you can get the original owner to submit a warranty claim for you which is a bit naughty 🙄

DrP

My V2 has been built up for a few weeks – had to swap the cables for new as the internal routing takes a longer path.
    Went for Jagwire in the end – seems good enough.

Been out for a few road rides, and a nice CX ride..

To be honest, it rides just like the V1!
    I do like the neatness of internal routing, but it’s not a game changer for me.

One sore point – clearly the V2 is designed to use the bolt through rear – I’ve the QR dropouts, and unless I’m being dumb, you can’t ‘drop’ the wheel out without fully removing the QR lever as it catches on the dropout…hmm…

DrP

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

@ DrP – is that still the Mk1 fork you’ve got on it? I don’t recongnise the graphics on the DS outer leg?

Vortexracing

Are they Nano’s DrP?

I got some from PX, and they seem spot on for mixed surfaces, even seem ok in mud.

Just won’t fit under my pdw guards.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Just won’t fit under my pdw guards.

got nanos under my PDWs – I have the city PDWs and I think there are other examples on here of this combo.

Vortexracing

Mine are city ones. Maybe they need some Fettling. Job for this weekend I think

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

did you get the longer stays ?

Vortexracing

no, I used the std ones, but attached them to the rack

Andy

I have given up trying to find the longer PDW stays 🙁

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Charlie has the long stays in stock it seems :

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/pdw-full-metal-fender-extra-long-stays-10201-p.asp

you need the longer stays to get the bigger tyres in.

Andy

Not for the 45mm guards sadly and hasn’t had them for a while. Funny actually as am just fitting them to my Escapade town bike after they have been hanging in the garage for 2 years. 🙄

DrP

they are mk1 forks..but with a CtBM sticker on them!
    And yes, wtb nano tubeless tyres..great bouncy tyres!!

DrP

numplumz
    Free Member

Loving my V2 so far. Messing about with some old bits before chopping the forks down and final gear choice.
    I’ve ridden many bikes, lots of Ti, but this just feels right. Weirdly very quiet, extremely comfortable, it’s almost has a “cocky” attitude.
    Cross tyres on next, and has anyone seen the larger PDW guards on sale anywhere?

slackboy

I have given up trying to find the longer PDW stays

I ordered mine direct from the states. Postage wasn’t too bad.

Andy

Where from please Slackboy? Thanks

Oh and I never thought I’d say this about mudguards but the pdw guards do look nice on the Bike!

slackboy

From the manufacturer https://ridepdw.com/

Although they aren’t in stock there either at the moment 🙄
    City Fender

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

What do we all think of the new v2 fork?

I’m sure I read somewhere that it eliminated the flutter which sometimes affects the v1.

Also, it accepts flat mount which the gruppo I think I’ll have to buy.

Vortexracing

I wish they did the PDW city ones in black 🙁

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I wish they did the PDW city ones in black

I was after the same so wrapped mine with 10mm wide reflective black 3M tape and they don’t look too bad – and obviously have a safety benefit at night. Quite pleased with the result but think I really needed to use a 12mm wide tape to completely cover the circumference of the stays. Got it off eBay if it’s of interest.

Vortexracing

you are a much braver man than me 🙁

Looks nice though

cloudnine
    Free Member

Not me.. Just enjoyed reading the article…. Then happened to notice he was riding a Tripster

eshoote
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing my blog was a great trip if challenging at times! Was hoping to do the ride on my Tripster V2 but it only arrived today. Super excited by my build on the V2, trying it with 650b to start with, 1×11 Sram force and a set of Ritchey venture flared bars as never quite got on with the midges’ shape. Looks amazing can’t wait to try it out later this week and to share some pics.

cloudnine
    Free Member

The Ritchey bars look nice.. been considering something with more flare than my cowbells. Let us know how they go..

bluesmartie
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

Gonna be listings some parts for sale I’ve swapped out on my tripster shortly, DuraAce Cranks 50/34, DuraAce front mech, Thomson Carbon road bars, Deda zero 100 seatpost/stem/bars

Please take a look or drop me a PM if interested.

corroded
    Free Member

I’m currently Tripster-curious (new bike time always coincides with dark winter months). But I’ve got a couple of concerns / questions:
    – the 3yr warranty seems very short (both my carbon bikes have lifetime frame warranties). What’s the feeling on this?
    – what are the typical weights of some of the lighter builds?

antonella
    Free Member

Hi,
    just some quick photo of my new Tripster (it’s a V1 frame). I wanted to share them here because I bought the frame after reading this forum. I put 650B wheels (even if V1 frame is in theory 700c only) with Rock ‘n Road tyres (amazing).

antonella
    Free Member

[/url]

mmmm, I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong, the image share from Flickr seems not to work.

antonella
    Free Member

sorry for the previous post, finally I sorted out the photo sharing from Flickr

pol75018
    Free Member

Hi all,

here’s my V2 Tripster in randonneur fashion. Still have to try it with knobby tyres in gravel mode.

Great ride though.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,481 through 2,520 (of 2,724 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.