Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • trip to south wales
  • faz083
    Free Member

I’m looking to ride down some big mountains in the Brecon, can be in the vicinity for 3/4 days so if anyone has any ideas of which mountains around there are “must do’s”, alternatively any routes which have been shared anywhere would be ideal. Will be taking the AM bike so ups, downs, nice scenery and technical stuff is good. Also close(ish) 20miles? to accommodation – B&B etc. Not looking for trail centres tbh.

thanks

Ambrose

You want to do some long natural rides in the Brecon Beacons?

Loads of people will suggest ‘The Gap’. It is OK, but for a BIG day it needs to be stitched into a longer ride. Try one of the Brecon Beast routes.

Mynydd Llangors seldom disappoints, again it needs to be part of another ride.

Black Mountain Killer Loop is supposedly fun. Not really AM though, lots of moor/ grass. XC heaven though.

hugor
    Free Member

I ride the beacons loads and there are some real nice descents around like Y Das, Rhiw Trumau, Gwyn Fawr, Sarn Helen but I’m not sure you’d have fun dragging your am bike around these loops as they all involve a reasonable amount of climbing.
    Most of the best loops are published in the vertebrate series book on south wales.
    I highly recommend this book and I’ve done almost every ride in it.

neilc1881
    Free Member

Drag that bike up the aforementioned hills, it’ll be well worth it. My five with 36s laps up the rock fest descents that can be found. I live just outside Talybont, there are some fantastic descents that need a little explanation. The Star (b+b) or White Hart (bunkhouse) would be a great base for a few days riding.

faz083
    Free Member

thanks a lot for the responses, wasn’t expecting this much info! I will definitely look into the above – much appreciated guys, thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘trip to south wales’ is closed to new replies.