Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tring?
  • Slacks
    Free Member

Anyone live and ride around Tring? Looking at moving to the area to be nearer family and still get to work in Central London.

Ive ridden at Aston Hill over the years and popped in and chatted to the staff at Mountain Mania about local riding. Also had a look around some of the local clubs websites,

Just wondered if any one could comment on whats the local trails/singletrack is like riding from the door?

monkeychild
    Free Member

There’s some jolly ok old school XC riding out and around Wendover woods over the ridgeway.

senorj

BR off of here taught me a load of stuff around Tring .
    There’s loads.look at the map.plenty of cheek.muddy in winter but what the hey.
    lucky you.

ampthill

Great in summer, muddy in Winter

Not that far from Woburn which is better in the winter slop

Slacks
    Free Member

Cheers for info. Everything i’ve looked at seems to suggest theres plenty of good stuff in the area.

oldgit
    Free Member

Very nice place. Great for MTB road and cross.
    Aston Hill and Wendover Woods are right behind you. You’re on the Ridgeway as well so plenty off that.
    The road scene is strong. Aston/Bison/Whiteleaf are roadie magnets
    Good CX league as well.

I ride XC stuff and that area provides all year round entertainment. Tough in winter fast in summer.
    Only a hop skip and jump to Woburn.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve just started riding the section of Ridgeway east of Wallingford and find it to be a bunch of fun I’ve not been as far as Trying yet but I’m working up to it…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tring?’ is closed to new replies.