Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • TrimmerTrackWorld – recommend me a Strimmer please
  • MadBillMcMad

What do I go for ?

It needs to be powerful enough to cope with a large bank of long course grass as well as the usual edge stuff.

Am I better going petrol or would one of those battery ones cope ?

The bank is about 10m by 5m all long course grass.

Sam

Stihl petrol, the lightest one should do you FS 55 IIRC. They just last forever.

RustySpanner

Just replaced a 30 year old UK built Black and Decker.

The Bosch are simple and light but get terrible reviews.
    All the other electrical ones apart from the Flymo looked like a childs toy, so I boughr the Flymo.

It’s ok.
    Get’s good reviews and works pretty well, but not as well as the 30 year old Black and Decker.

MadBillMcMad

just looking at some Stihls.

looking good & must be better than getting a B&Q Ryobi or bosch

trail_rat
    Free Member

Left field. Look at hitachis

I was a labourer for commercial gardening for a few years – we usedstihl exclusively. Never missed a beat.

When i moved into my own home with a garden. I decided to try an hitachi as it was 1/3rd price of the cheapest stihl. And since id use it only once a week 1/3rd of the lift of the stihl would still be a long time.

Dont do electric- i reckon id have had more luck with an egg whisk and some string. Gave it to a mate who loves it – but he was previously usin shears an has never experianced the ease of a real strimmer

kiwijohn

Honda 4 stroke. End of.

Rubber-Duck

A number of my family, including me, have been using these Tanakas daily and they have been very good.

http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/tanaka-tcg-22eas-petrol-brushcutter.html?acc=c81e728d9d4c2f636f067f89cc14862c

trail_rat
    Free Member

That tanaka is the hitachi . Hitachi rebadge the tanakas. ( the manual gives it away and they code share the model name- its an hitachi 22eas i have.

At the time the hitachi was 135 quid – twas a no brainer. Have stuck a brush cutter blade on mine as i tend to use it to cut ditches and the road side more than the garden.

More than adaquate for those of us who are not using it every day for a few hours and who dont want to spend 350 quid on a honda.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Whipper snipper….

I’ve got the same as that Tanaka but it’s branded something else, bought here in Oz from Bunnings (like B&Q I guess). Was $150 on offer.

mrblobby
    Free Member

What Sam said. I got the Stihl and it’s very nice indeed. Get some Aspen mix for it too.

MadBillMcMad

excellent. thx

went takani.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘TrimmerTrackWorld – recommend me a Strimmer please’ is closed to new replies.