Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 175 total)
  • Tried to talk to my son tonight…
  • funkmasterp

This has made my day and it’s only half six.

anagallis_arvensis

😀

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Brilliant start to my day!

takisawa2

Fantastic news mate, truly is.

MoreCashThanDash

Fantastic news to end the week. 😀

martinhutch

That’s brilliant news.

Alphabet

Brilliant +1

sharkbait
    Free Member

Excellent news, well done to all involved.

Does this mean my brother isn’t going to get a kicking? 🙁

😉

wwaswas

Glad she’s doing well 🙂

scud
    Free Member

Big **** thumbs up – great news, must be a huge relief for you and your family, have a good weekend

duckman

Ya dancer!I have followed the thread but not commented because words failed me. Really happy for all of you.

DezB
    Free Member

Marvellous.
    Have a pretty tune
    [video]https://youtu.be/MdZs5PVcwBs[/video]

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Smashing news, really pleased for you both.

Bunnyhop

Such a brilliant outcome.

Bunny hop x

aphex_2k
    Free Member

So, couple of weeks down the line, scar healing nicely. Staples removed last week. Still getting headaches and nausea so they think there might be some swelling still. She had another CT on Saturday and we await the results. She was on some steroid which was to help with swelling / fluid but that ceased about 4 days after discharge so when we get the CT results we’ll know if she’s going back on them (hated them – massive increase in appetite).

Bless her cotton’s she wont rest. Spent days doing grant applications for work even though she’s meant to be off sick recovering. Can’t stop her 🙁

Last week wasn’t a good one as we all picked up some viral tummy bug and she got 4 days worth of it.

I also found the notebook with the letters she wrote the kids while she was an inpatient. Have to say, wasn’t the best read and got incredibly emotional reading it. She left it on the soft. Not sure if it was intentional or if I was meant to read it or not but I did. “phew” Hard work.

Thanks again for the support and encouraging comments. Possibly the worst few weeks of our lives.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Bless her cotton’s she wont rest. Spent days doing grant applications for work even though she’s meant to be off sick recovering. Can’t stop her

Let her crack on with that sort of thing, one of the aspects of the situation your wife has found herself in is a loss of control and independence, all of a sudden you are just reacting to events. Planning stuff and occupying her time with positive actions is very good, if she gets too knackered she’ll stop.

Hope the ct comes back negative, I was having headaches a few weeks after a very minor head trauma so it doesn’t seem out of the question that these could just be part of the recovery process.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Wow. Hard to believe this was all just over 12 months ago. Still really appreciate all the kindness. You’ll all be pleased to know there was a full recovery and she’s as good as she was. Life throws some curve balls sometimes. Duck or hit back.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Glad to hear that mate.

Doesn’t seem that long ago really.

Wookster

Great news mate!

BigJohn

Marvellous.

spawnofyorkshire

I remember this from a year ago. Felt a bit apprehensive clicking onto this thread but that’s cracking news OP

Life throws some curve balls sometimes

Doesn’t it just! Glad you all smashed that one back out the park 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Sweeeeeeet

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Sandwich

Good news, I too opened the page with some anxiety.

sbob
    Free Member

Image result for today is the best day

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Thread bump….

So Mrs Aphex has just had a follow up appt with Prof. Gabriel Lee. Given the all clear. Nothing there. No sign of anything coming back. Bullet dodged and finally some closure. Super happy as it’s always in the back of my mind (the thought, not her tumour!)

Reading back through this all made me cry a bit. Have to say. But some lovely thoughtful and considerate comments. Thanks everyone, you absolutely rock.

Love from the Aphex family.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Hey dude, cheers for the update – brightened my night shift up. All the best to you and your family. That was a horrible first post, what a difference a couple of years makes.

Go and give your wife a hug instead of posting on here.

Poopscoop

I missed this thread. To call it a “thread” is doing life and your wife a huge disservice.

I’m hugely happy that your wife has been given the all clear.

Enjoy the Summer to come (you’re in the southern hemi I think? Lucky devil.lol) and may life bring you all much joy over the many years to come my friend.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Cheers lads. She’s at work now but there will be hugs later. Possibly a glass of bubbles too.

funkmasterp

That’s brilliant news. So happy for you all. What a great thing to read first thing.

sandboy

Really wonderful news !! That’s really brightened up a wet and grey morning here.

scaredypants

Great news !

Maybe check the state of your guts before any big hugs though 😉

Drac

Fantastic!

shooterman

Brilliant news mate! Over the moon for you all!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Top banana OP all the best !

willard

Awesome!!! That is some amazing news to start my day. Hugs to all of you!

wwaswas

ace 🙂

matt_outandabout

That’s great news for you guys.

How’s the 12 year anniversary going…?

Sandwich

I always open threads that started a long time ago with a recent update carefully. Good to see my caution was unwarranted. Great to see it’s going well.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

matt_outandabout
    That’s great news for you guys.

How’s the 12 year anniversary going…?

Gooooood….? Did I post about this or you just clairvoyant or something? lol!!

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘Tried to talk to my son tonight…’ is closed to new replies.