Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 175 total)
  • Tried to talk to my son tonight…
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Cheers people, some really encouraging comments and totally appreciated. I’m entirely optimistic of a positive outcome. Wife, not so, but hey.

Alphabet

I’ve got nothing useful to add I’m afraid but I’ll be thinking of you all and would like you all to have my best wishes. Good luck and keep posting on here, I’m sure it helps.

bodgy
    Free Member

Wishing you, your wife and your families strength and the best of luck. Look after yourself and your boy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigyinn
    Free Member

Its important that you talk to your son and its also equally important that you talk as well. It can be incredibly hard on you having to deal with everything.
    It sounds like your family and friends are helping as best they can.
    Good luck to you and your family and I hope that you all get a positive outcome.

daftvader
    Free Member

Fingers and toes all crossed here!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Forgetting to eat is something I remember, one time I realised that all I’d had to eat for 4 days was toast and bananas and I only realised that because I’d run out of toast and bananas. Eating became a chore for quite while but you’ve got to keep on top of it in order to be able to do everything else you need to.

Dealing with official channels such as banks can be an almighty pain in the arse, I can’t really offer any advice there beyond keep trying to speak to the most senior person you can and explain the situation early on, eventually you’ll find the right person that can bend the rules enough to be practical.

When there’s a proper crisis and this qualifies as that, lots of people will edge a little closer into your life, let them help, your main focus needs to be on your wife so if a neighbour or a friend offers to take the kid to school or do some shopping accept the offer. The other thing that could come as a surprise is that there might be one or two people that pull further away. Don’t be too harsh in your thoughts towards them, they may feel that they would only be getting in the way and that you need space or it may be that they genuinely don’t know how to approach the issue so choose not to engage.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Soooooo

Took the kids up to see her (hosp is an hour away, plus 5pm city traffic – doh). Daughter too young to get it. Son clearly upset, not helped by accidentally squirting alcohol gel in his eyes – poor student nurse panicked a little. Me, calm, cleaned eyes and settled him). Accident on the freeway on the way back so was chocca, ended up driving from perth to freo, then freo to rockingham.

Just got back and did the phone calls…. First my bro (thought I’d see how I went explaining) then my folks, went OK, then her mom. Those three calls took a lot. Gonna eat now. Had some scrambled eggs at midday and it’s nearly 9pm now. Not hungry but need a feed and a cup of Yorkshire and a sit down.

Thanks for the link Will but I’m in Australia mate.

Pierre

Blimey. Well done for keeping on keeping on, and remembering to eat.

I can’t add much of use but wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you guys and wishing the best too. My dad had a probably-benign tumour almost completely removed from his brain (it was wrapped around a couple of big cranial nerves) nearly a decade ago, it was horrible at the time and recovery took a few months but, like others have said, finding ways to laugh together about it before and afterwards helped us all get through it.

Keep talking to mrs 2k, she’s probably scared and confused too, and worried about you. Don’t be afraid to let it out on here, there are a lot of people who want to listen and help, even if some of us can be irritating dicks on other people’s threads.

All the best.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

And just called her Dad to tell him as her Mum wasn’t there so that was the hardest call. Naturally he wants to jump on a plane and fly out but I told him there’s nothing he can do, but I can’t stop him if that’s what he wants to do.

Trust me, in my job I’ve given some shit news to people. A million x harder when you’re giving it to your family.

Sod the tea, I need a stiff drink now.

ourmaninthenorth

Sod the tea, I need a stiff drink now.

You did well.

If he wants to get on a plane, let him. But tell him he needs to come armed ready to help (even if it’s just childcare).

Hope they’ve found some useful anti-sickness meds for Mrs 2K and that she’s more comfortable.

Good luck.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

So shes having her hair cut today. Had a meeting with the anaesthetist yesterday, and a casual (read: weird) discussion about wills and power of attorney. Today the surgeon is going to see her. Monday lunch for surgery – 4 hours ish then out to HDU and a quick wake up and get things going to make sure theres no issues. Off to buy a new set of pillows and a new matress topper so shes super comfy at home. He friends have set up a go fund me page so that we can get a cleaner 2 days a week and people to help for when i go back to work – whenever that may be! All very sweet. Going to see her tonight with the kids and again tomorrow. Childcare sorted so I can be there when she gets out of surgery.

frankconway

I can’t do anything to help other than send my best wishes and prayers.

If you post a link to the GoFundMe page that would enable people to put some £ in the pot.

Be strong for your children – they need you.

All the best mate x

funkmasterp

Sounds like you’re doing an excellent job of keeping it together. Thinking of you all and as frank said, post a link to the go fund me page. It’s not much, but it would be good to be able to help in some small way.

aphex_2k
    Free Member
    neilco
    Free Member

aphex_2K – I’m in Perth, West Leederville. Got a six year old daughter myself. Give me a shout if you need anything.

Neil

zomersetglider

Keep waffling aphex_2k the off-loading will help.

Big respect for your positive outlook, that’ll will rub off on your lovely children.

Keeping it all crossed for you dude.

stay strong, stay positive

aphex_2k
    Free Member

just got home. surgery done. surgeon confident its all gone. no sign of speech or memory problems. no paralysis, as soon as she came out she said he back was sore and wanting it massage, while picking the o2 prongs out of her nose as she had “bogeys”

as long as the biopsy comes back clear, she’s got a few weeks to recovery but all the signs looking good. ive been at the hosp since 9am and its 1030 now just got home. **** zonked now.

night all x

wwaswas

good news 🙂

Hope biopsy comes back clear.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Fantastic news and fingers crossed it’s all clear.

mangoridebike

Fingers crossed for good news

Your positivity and energy are inspirational

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Brilliant!

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

bloody brilliant. you are all absolute stars. 😀

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Great news, hope everything continues like this.

BigJohn

I am happy!

codybrennan
    Free Member

🙂

juanking

Official thumbs up from the King household!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Aphex, I really hope it all goes well…. I’m sure it will.

My brother is in Perth, if you need to vent some anger I can get you his address… he needs a bit of a kicking 😉

aphex_2k
    Free Member

haha…

😀

Pierre

That’s great news, I hope the recovery is complete and swift. This doesn’t mean that all the trauma is over, make sure you keep talking, both to each other and to other people. Good luck mate. 🙂

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

<reads whole thread>

bloody hell

and some brilliant news at the end

dealt with with aplomb, well done, stay strong through the recovery, all the best

retro83
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for you all aphex.

funkmasterp

That’s great news aphex. Proper chuffed for you all

vickypea
    Free Member

Great news 🙂

zomersetglider

Good news Aphex.

hope the recovery goes well.

stay strong, positive and keep smiling

spacemonkey

Whoop whoop!

Sandwich

Hurrah. I wish her a speedy recovery and no side effects. A sunny day just got a whole lot better.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

So it’s Friday. She had the op late Monday night. Such a trooper. Seen by radiologist this morning. They removed a subependymoma – non-cancerous tumour, successfully. She can come home today albeit with a 5″ cut, sutures and staples in place!

Recovery time now. So relieved.

Thanks for everyone’s kind thoughts and wishes – obviously the “love” helped so thanks.

frankconway

Great news!

Take care of your family – and yourself.

Have tried to donate via your GoFundMe page but there appears to be a problem which, apparently, has been flagged to you?

Will check in again over the next couple of days and, when it’s working properly, I’ll donate some pre-brexit earth £.

See the missus in hospital then take kids for ice cream and…..breathe deeply, say a prayer, thank god and the medical profession.

My best to you.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

thanks! i didnt set up the gofundme but ive let the person know. thanks again. on my way to get her now!!!!! excited much

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Great news.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘Tried to talk to my son tonight…’ is closed to new replies.