Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tried and tested coffee and walnut cake recipe required urgently!
  • secret-squirrel
    Free Member

Mr Squirrel's b'day on Sunday … the only bit of baking I do willingly throghout the year is his cake. He is – reassuringly – very low maintenance, so I must oblige and make a good job of it. This year he has requested coffee and walnut and I can't find a suitable recipe in the (limited number) of books I've got.

If anyone has a tried and tested family favourite of this ilk that you would be willing to share, please could you email / post it to me? I know there will be stuff on t'internet, but I'd prefer a "favourite" recipe if possible.

Yours in cake-fuelled gratitide …

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Email Stu at http://www.dalesbikecentre.co.uk/ & ask what Brenda does with hers!
    **** yummmy!

Mintman
    Free Member

"Mary berry's foolproof cakes" has an awesome one called "hokey pokey coffee cake". Not got the recipe to hand sadly but it's dead easy to do and yummy

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

Thanks – will look into both of these.

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

But going to give this one a go!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

the very best cake in the world and yes, the delia one above definitely!

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

Just struggling to get the 8% fromage frais now … Tesco doesn't have any 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

will a slice still be going on the classifieds? 😉

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

For sure, although you'll have to keep looking, as it won't last long! 😆 Perhaps I should do it as an auction.

Just got the fromage frais … had to settle for 0% fat, so it'll be a healthy cake to boot!!!

secret-squirrel
    Free Member

Not bad … topping needs more sugar but toasted walnuts are lovely 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tried and tested coffee and walnut cake recipe required urgently!’ is closed to new replies.