Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tricross alternatives?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Looking for something with drop bars, disc brakes, maybe even a triple chainset

Not an out and out cx bike, maybe a “touring” bike?

Garry_Lager

Croix der fer is in that category. Nice bike, bit portly though if weight is important.

ElShalimo

I’ve got a 2011 basic Tricross and to be fair it does nothing brilliantly but does everything pretty well
    It’s very underated and more capable than people think. If the gears work for your riding locations then give it a go. You could do an awful lot worse

thepurist

Whyte do a range of crappily named disc road bikes, new models just announced.

MoreCashThanDash

Pinnacle Arkrose, change tyres to suit.

I want Spesh to bring back the Singlecross, but with disc brakes.

iainc

I bought a Croix De Fer for pretty much the same criteria. It was between that and the Pinacle Arkose 3 for me. The 2015 Croix de Fer looks even better than the 2014 one, as they have increased mud clearance on the fork, which has benn an issue for some (Jamie amongst others)

MussEd
    Free Member

There always the tricross disc which fits your bill except that it’s not an alternative to a tricross?

BadlyWiredDog

Keep Pedalling in the Northern Quarter has a selection of touring-orientated Surly and Salsa stuff that might work for you. Good people, nice shop.

steezysix
    Free Member

Specialized AWOL? If you can find one…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tricross alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.