Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Trickstuff 11-40 cassette
  • matther01
    Free Member

Just received an email about this cassette.

Only 100 coming in the first batch to the UK next week.

270g and…£169.99!

njee20
    Free Member

Not bad at all! Not sure if that’s what you’re inferring or not…

matther01
    Free Member

£169.99 thats mental for a cassette surely?!

kimbers

titanium?

jonnyrockymountain

Who is selling them?

njee20
    Free Member

Same as XTR, cheaper than X0/XX/X01/XX1, KCNC etc.

matther01
    Free Member

Ok…was speaking bollocks earlier. 260g and only 25 available in the UK and 100 worldwide.

Top 3 sprockets 1 piece alu, next 6 cro-mo and last steel.

Think I’ll stick with XT and wait for a single Works Components or Hope 40 or 42 cog.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Considering XO1 is 275g and 300rrp or 215 on CRC and XX1 is 260g and about 280 online I reckon I’d still be going for the 11sp options

XX 11-36 is 208g and you can pick them up for about 200.

matther01
    Free Member

Jonny – email jamie@balfeDOTcoDOTUK

Yetiman
    Free Member

Nice to see another option that allows me to keep my existing rear mech and shifter. Leonardi Factory have also produced a full cassette http://www.i-mtb.com/first-look-leonardi-general-lee-10-40t-cassette/

glasgowdan
    Free Member

What has happened to this sport that people are starting to think £170 is ALRIGHT for a cassette!? 🙂 5-6 years ago the thinking was that £3000 was an absolute fortune for a bike, now people think that’s the average price. I just bought some oil to bleed my reverb that works out 20% the price of the branded rockshox stuff, and some latex for my tyres that’s 30% the price of stans stuff. Why on earth should an 10-40 cost £200ish when an 11-36 costs £30? Yes it’s new, but they should invest, knowing that bikers WILL buy enough stock to make the new machining tools pay!

All I can say is that the marketeers have done VERY well indeed!

Back on topic, 10-40, pah!; get bigger muscles!

Andy-R

matther01 – Member

Top 3 sprockets 1 piece alu, next 6 cro-mo and last steel.

Cro-mo is steel

matther01
    Free Member

Andy R just cut and pasted from the email

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why on earth should an 10-40 cost £200ish when an 11-36 costs £30?

All I can say is that the marketeers have done VERY well indeed!
    Because the 30 quid one weighs heaps more. The XX that is costs the same has some very good longevity. There is a product for everyone in the market, you can have your 30quid one other people can have their expensive one.

kimbers

650b isnt the great scandal of the idnustry forcing standards on us…

its this stupid bobbins where sram and shimano want us all to buy a new groupset (at silly prices) rather than just make us the cassette we want ie 10-40 10speed at xt cost/price

instead we have companies like general lee, trickstuff, oneup and hope coming in and offering what we want

matther01
    Free Member

I think we’ll just to wait for stuff to trikle down…so a year or two before it is affordable for the majority of us.

pastcaring
    Free Member

No ones mentioned the 11-40 xtr cassette ?

njee20
    Free Member

The 11 speed one from the forthcoming groupset? Different thing altogether.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Well considering the new XTR is still isn’t supposed to be public I can’t imagine there will be production until late summer at the earliest.

matther01
    Free Member

Anyway isnt XTR really only for racers and those with the money to buy it? Mixing and matching SLX and XT is about as affordable realistic as my needs are.

njee20
    Free Member

Anyway isnt XTR really only for racers and those with the money to buy it? Mixing and matching SLX and XT is about as affordable realistic as my needs are.

Isn’t any product only for those with the moeny to buy it, otherwise it’s called stealing…

iffoverload
    Free Member

I wish shimRAM would just make one for a reasonable price…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/xt-11-42-cassette-for-free

pastcaring
    Free Member

The 11 speed one from the forthcoming groupset? Different thing altogether.

up there ^ xx? being compared to trickstuff/general lee 11 v10?

Well considering the new XTR is still isn’t supposed to be public

didn’t know it was a secret. pics have been floating about for a couple of weeks.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f19/11-speed-xtr-265773/

njee20
    Free Member

up there ^ xx? being compared to trickstuff/general lee 11 v10?

XX is 10 speed… I observed that the Trickstuff one was cheaper than XX1, which itself is the same price as XX, but that was a general comment on the value (or not) of it.

Point is you could fit the Trickstuff one into an existing 10 speed group, the XX1 one requires at the very least a freehub body, chain, rear mech and shifter.

pastcaring
    Free Member

got it, got my xx’s in a bunch 😳

tomhoward

Isn’t any product only for those with the moeny to buy it, otherwise it’s called stealing…

Can’t you read? It’s for racers and those with £££. All racers get it free, silly.

matther01
    Free Member

If you’re sponsored you would get for free…unfortunately I’m sponsored by the bank manager and the wife, both of which are very tight with their money!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can’t you read? It’s for racers and those with £££. All racers get it free, silly.

No they don’t. Most people pay for their kit. Some get a discount but still pay for it.

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed, the number of folk getting given kit outright is very small.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Trickstuff 11-40 cassette’ is closed to new replies.