Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Tricks and jolly japes you play on your kids.
  • twinw4ll
    Free Member

When my daughter was about three i used pluck hairs out my own chest and pretends they were from her back, she was convinced she had long black hairs growing on her back.

At a similar age we moved into our current bungalow and the old lady who previously owned it had died in the lounge which was to be my daughters bedroom, so i took great pleasure in letting my daughter know this.

Shes now 21 and there is no lasting damage to my knowledge, although she is studying genetics, probably trying to nail that hairy back gene.

Please share your kid based jolly japes.

kimbers

jusr farting and blaming it on my wife, my1 and 3 year old boys find this hilarious (so do I)

bokonon
    Free Member

I told my kids that if the ice cream van is playing a tune it means that have run out of ice cream, they all still believe this, and will tell this if they hear the tune playing – the eldest is nine.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A friend of mine tells a terribly sad tale of how as a child his parents told him, “When the ice cream van is playing music, it means they’ve run out of ice cream”.

Harsh.

*Edit – Two posts at the same time on the same tale! Some nasty people out there!

woody2000

That the alarm PIRs are Santa cams, when the light comes on, he’s watching.

One that I’m not proud of, totally got it wrong – my mate popped up to look at one of my bikes & after he left my 2 boys asked me what he’d wanted. I said “he came to look at your bikes & he liked them so much, so I let him take them”. Cue much sobbing and anguished wailing – I felt pretty crappy 🙁

Tiger6791

That if they don’t go to sleep Jimmy Saville will get them 😆

rocketman
    Free Member

rocket jr loved the humour in the Pink Panther films as soon as he was old enough to understand what humour was. Since then we’ve always had a Clouseau/Cato relationship and every year the traps/ambushes get more and more elaborate & cunning

trouble is he’s 18 now and 6’2″ not that it bothers me

*cough*

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I tell them they are adopted, a bit like the cat.

jekkyl

My 3yr old girl believes that she can control the window in the car by the commands Up & Down.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Lay off Jimmy Saville when i were a kid he fixed it for me to play the didgeridoo blindfolded with Rolf Harris. 😯

Like the idea of Santa cams, genius.

johndoh
    Free Member

My 3yr old girl believes that she can control the window in the car by the commands Up & Down.

I was doing something similar with one of my girls last week – had her convinced she was making the wipers move by clapping her hands.

chakaping
    Free Member

That the alarm PIRs are Santa cams, when the light comes on, he’s watching.

Brilliant.

My daughter used to think that the little spinning bucket thing in the playground is magic and works by her saying “stop” and “go”. But she never noticed it only works when I’m in it with her and one of my legs is hanging over the side.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I used to tell my kids (when they were young) that I could see the top of my head by looking up. They fell for it – literally!

They’d try to look at the top of their own head and tip back so much, they’d eventually fall over!

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Not kids, but I wound my younger sister up a treat one Christmas by teling her I was going to get here a big box to keep things in. I wrapped up the biggest cardboard box I could find and left it with the other presents. When she unwrapped it I had to point out the false bottom I’d put in to hide the David Bowie LP she wanted.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If we were driving at night with them in the car, I’d yawn & say that I was tired & could they just keep an eye open for something coming while I had a nap, then I’d close my left eye & snore, head on chest, mouth open. They used to scream when a car was coming but never mentioned how we got round bends in the road!
    My Mrs used to tell her kids that power station cooling towers were cloud factories & that wind was caused by trees moving.

WackoAK
    Free Member

binners

I’d recommend this book…..

and my personal favourite…

roper
    Free Member

We could make him invisible by casting the spell, and then not looking directly at him.
    He also thought I could speak Japanese for quite a while, to the point of asking for specific words.

clubber
    Free Member

Told my son and his friend that I could control the media PC stopping or starting the video by clapping. In reality it’s by a remote app on my phone but my son tried to stop / start the TV for ages by clapping 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Not a child, but I once told a colleague that I was an Olympic standard high diver, could sing opera and other various silly stories. She believed every single one of them, no matter how silly I tried to make them.

edlong
    Free Member

When my lad was very little (2-3ish), I appeared in his bedroom without him having heard me on the stairs, and he asked me if I could fly. He was about seven when he figured out that I may not have been telling the truth when I answered that one.

freddyg
    Free Member

I got away with the Ice Cream van one for 7 years. Summer 2013, they found me out.

The kids believe their Mother and I have X-Ray eyes as we can tell when they’re jumping on the beds when we’re not in the room. They wanted the upgrade too, but I told them it’s only available in a hospital when you are given your first child.

They still believe I used to be a pirate – not a nasty one, but a nice one – a bit like Robin Hood.

They still believe that me and my brother have interchangeable body parts – evidenced by the fact that when my lad and I are horsing about (with him trying to give me dead-legs etc) any pain he dishes out isn’t felt by me, but by me brother 200 miles away.

There’s loads. I love lying to my kids. 😀

D0NK

brilliant idea! Our car hasn’t got electric windows tho 🙁

Cougar

brilliant idea! Our car hasn’t got electric windows tho

Is that a wind-up?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Tricks and jolly japes you play on your kids.’ is closed to new replies.