Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Trick or Treating
  • thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Who’s out tonight? Yes, its very American, but I’m off with the kids to get some sweets. I am going dressed as me.

DickBarton

Out Guising…none of the US mince

daern
    Free Member

My son wants to go out dressed as a CX racer. i.e. he wants to ride his bike 🙂

(dark street, kids dressed in dark clothing, small hooligan who can only ride flat out – what could go wrong?)

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Yes, my boy is apparently going as a scooterer. Meaning just riding his scooter around eating sweets.

daern
    Free Member

Meaning just riding his scooter around eating sweets.

Well, one better than me. I plan to wander around moaning with the other parents…eating sweets.

councilof10
    Free Member

Parents spend 364 days a year telling kids not to talk to strangers or accept sweets, and then, come Halloween, they send them out begging door to door dressed as sexy witches in the dark. Genius.

taxi25
    Free Member

and then, come Halloween, they send them out begging door to door dressed as sexy witches in the dark. Genius.

Just gave some sweets to a bunch of youngsters all in great fancy dress. Two adults in charge, only knocking on doors of people they know in the area. Oh yes one of them was dressed as a witch but being six nothing sexy there. Get a grip man !!

hodgynd
    Free Member

Not out ..just doling out sweets at the door .
    My son used to come back with a carrier bag full every year ..so just giving a little back ..
    It’s great to see the effort some kids / parents go to with their fancy dress ..

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Mischief night last night, Halloween tonight. Non of this American nonsense thanks.
    Mind you it always seems the wrong way around, harassing and vandalising the neighbours one night then expecting sweets off them the next 🙂

GrahamS
    thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

We used to go out and just leave a bowl of sweets for any visitors. Last year the first batch of kids stole the lot! Little t***TS.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

councilof10 – Member
    Parents spend 364 days a year telling kids not to talk to strangers or accept sweets, and then, come Halloween, they send them out begging door to door dressed as sexy witches in the dark. Genius.

Sexy kids you say?…..

thegreatape
    Free Member

Freudian slip by councilof10 ?

andy4d

Wife has got dressed up to take the kids round while I stay back dishing out the sweets.

Note to self…stop scoffing the mowams.

giantalkali
    Free Member

councilof10 – Member

Was going out, but Kevin Spacey’s coming over with some sexy kids

retro83
    Free Member

Loads this year, two big bags of maoams gone already 🙁 was hoping to pig out on those later

joshvegas
    Free Member

thomasthetankengine – Member
    Who’s out tonight? Yes, its very American

No

Its
    Bloody not

Scotland has been guising into the ancient times.

scotroutes

joshvegas- blame ET. While you and I might have watched that and noticed nothing out of the ordinary (apart from the some, obvs) it must have been completely new to many of those in the uneducated south.

leffeboy

Loads here. Got the night riding lights out in the hallway so I can cast a massive shadow on the front door as I stomp down the hall. Great atmosphere, lots of laughing

No sexy witches though. Need to have a word with my wife about that

Drac

I’m manning our house while the kids and Mrs are out.

I see Shibolleth is spouting shite again.

aracer
    Free Member

Kids are out, my installation is currently successfully scaring little kiddies (have had a couple running to their mums in the last few minutes) – win!

Coyote
    Free Member

You find children dressed as witches ‘sexy’. Get a grip you sick ****!

leffeboy

Please just put your clothes back on aracer

13thfloormonk

One very unhappy 10 week old and two very stressed parents in our house right now, going to spend our first Halloween in a new neighbourhood with the lights off, doorbell unhooked and car parked round the corner 🙁

Will make up for it next year, promise!

aracer
    Free Member

😆

it’s actually this skull

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/144826651[/video]

though with a longer sequence – that’s the first part, it screams next

and a spider going up and down on a string

Disappointingly the kids seem to be more scared by the spider than the skull – all I’m doing with the spider is switching a motor on and off.

Tried to take a video of it all working just now, but the light’s no good.

councilof10
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member
    Freudian slip by councilof10 ?

Your misreading of my post says far more about you, and coyote, than Freud would ever deduce from what I wrote. I said DRESSED AS sexy witches. Nowhere did I say the children were sexy or that I found them sexy. Morons.

DavidB
    Free Member

I’m dressed as a scary ginger bread man with a house full of sweets and candles outside.

No takers so far?

CountZero

Thankfully no banging on the door at all so far, but lights are off while watching telly, and there’s a curtain across the front door so the Christmas lights* around the kitchen window don’t show through the glass, the house looks empty as a result.
    *Put them up years ago and found them handy going into the kitchen at night to get a drink or stick something in the microwave without needing to put main lights on, so they’re in use all the time.

aracer
    Free Member

I think shib protesteth too much. I have to admit it wouldn’t have occurred to me to describe the way kids are dressed for Halloween as “sexy”. Maybe some of the mums who dress up, but not the kids.

scruff9252

begging door to door dressed as sexy witches

Yup, that’s pretty saville-esq. Can’t say I would use the adjective “sexy” to describe kids dressed in bin bags and a pointy hat.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Got a Fire pit in the front garden, Im dressed as scary clown..

Let the kids and parents toast their own marshmallows instead of handing out sweets.. seems like a big hit.
    My kids are out with mrs cloudnine and the dog (dressed as a giant spider) scrounging sweets around the village

aracer
    Free Member

Round here there’s a simple code – pumpkin outside you can knock, if there isn’t you don’t. Seems to work and if you don’t want to do Halloween you don’t have to hide.

I’m definitely having fun – got the last lot of kids to jump 3 times – they kept saying “there’s sensors” (there are, it has a PIR sensor to start the sequence – I can tell when people are coming) but it still made them jump. It seems the key is to have pauses of it not doing anything, wasn’t anywhere near so effective when it was continuous.

daern
    Free Member

Well, our street has been stripped clean of sweets, the boy has a weighty bag full himself and we’ve had a fair few (very friendly) kids knocking on our door. I remember Halloween very fondly as a kid and I’m glad to see that, round here at least, it’s still got a lot of the charm it had when I was young.

Oh and I properly LOLed at the “Office Halloween Costume” link above. Wonderful 🙂

Drac

We’re all out here too.

dannybgoode

At the old house we never got trick or treaters. I think our neighbour put people off – he was a right ****.

First Halloween in the new house and I’ve had a handful round. All very polite so haven’t had to be nasty to anyone yet :).

Wife and boy out pestering others.

Coyote
    Free Member

Yup. All confectionery gone. Picked clean. 😥

Children all seemed to have a good time and were exceptionally polite and well behaved.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Sexy kids –

[video]https://youtu.be/W-dz68Jf58k[/video]

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

Back. Slightly sugar shocked. We- us lot and another family – hit up one of the local streets that are all in competition with each other, and they get better each year. Loads of people out, seems more than last year.
    Scottish people – looked up guising. Didn’t know it was a thing. So you gave it to the Americans and they gave it to the English? Long way round.

Drac

We found another tub of sweets so it’s back on.

scotroutes

I’m not sure if the Welsh also have some Samhain traditions. The Irish do.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Trick or Treating’ is closed to new replies.