Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Trick or treaters
  • bearnecessities

Politicians?

km79
    Free Member

It was guising in my day, tell a joke or do a daft dance or something and get a sweet. Usually all ended up at someones house for a party where dooking for apples was mandatory even if your turn was after the slevery kid who spent 10mins trying to get his. 👿

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Think we had our visitors last night – we put pumpkins out, cob webs and spooky balloons for the kiddies – lots of visitors.
    Done the same tonight but not a soul (groan) tonight.
    Hopefully some tomorrow or we’ve got a shed load of sweets to eat!

Drac

Just had our first their parents are working tomorrow so taking the kids around a few houses tonight. Not seen any cross dressing poets yet.

CountZero

“Historically, guisers were adults, often men who wore false faces and dressed up, sometimes in women’s clothes.”

LibDems?

Depends how they do it. Not so keen on the ones that jam a tree branch in the door when you open it so that you can’t close it. Tree branch gets removed once you’ve given them enough money.

At which point I’d say, ‘oh goody, firewood, back in a sec” and return with my axe…

GrahamS

Usually all ended up at someones house for a party where dooking for apples was mandatory even if your turn was after the slevery kid who spent 10mins trying to get his.

We do “Spearing Apples” at our house: drop a big two-prong carving fork into the bucket of floating apples. If you hit one you get the coin stuck in the back of it (which ranges from a 2p booby prize to a £2 star prize).

Dooking for apples is definitely more fun but pretty unhygienic, especially as half the guisers are wearing facepaints and makeup.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Trick or treaters’ is closed to new replies.