• This topic has 43 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • trick or treat. what do you say and give ?
  • skeetsgb
    Free Member

having been online for about 40 mins ive had 3 trick or treaters already. i was wandering what do you say, have any of you got the balls to say trick or do you give them a treat ! if treat what do you give them, i just have a bucket of sweets for them, and they need to be dressed up as well !!

Coyote
    Free Member

Well, tonight I’d say come back on Halloween.

Got a big basket of funsize choccie bars for tomorrow. Love Halloween me, I do.

Nick

Just hang a sign up on your door ‘trick or treaters will be shot’

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Say, “Who let you through the security gates? Get lost”
    Give, short shrift.

emma82
    Free Member

Don’t tend to answer the door as I don’t wear much around the house and I can’t be bothered to put something on every five minutes. Although this year I have bought some mini haribo bags. I’d not ask for tricks because then you have to wait for them to do something pretty crap and stand there coo’ing over how cute their little trick was cos their parents are usually stood behind them thinking ‘ahhhhh aren’t my kids cute in their little outfit I made them’. No parents, they’re just as un-cute and chuffing annoying as they are without the stupid outfit.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

Blinds are closed and front door is blacked out and locked and that’s the way it’s gonna stay… load of American bollocks! 👿

tazzymtb

happy samhain and invite them to join the greater sabbat meal

tazzymtb

I don’t wear much around the house and I can’t be bothered to put something on every five minutes. Although this year I have bought some mini haribo bags

hmmmmm the mind boggles and do the tangfastics get stuck in delicate places? 😉

craigxxl
    Free Member

Normally little cheap sweets and funsize choc bars. In a previous I’d completely forgot about it and when the first kids turned up gave them loose change, when that ran out it was fruit. You’ve never seen such disgusted looks from children, I was convinced I was going to have my tyre let down or windows egged.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’m with Stu mcGroo on this one. Can’t stand it.

Humbug.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

My kids have gone with friends kids tonight- when asked if it was too early my 11 year old said ‘ the early bird gets the candy’- american lingo aside I quite like that attitiude!

emma82
    Free Member

That thought Tazzy is not one I wish to explore 😳

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I think youll find Tazzy is already there anyway!!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I kick them all in the nuts

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I sit in the dark and refuse to answer the door 8)

emma82
    Free Member

well he can stay there on his own. Anyway, it’s Halloween tomorrow not tonight? I’d just tell the little sods to go away.

wool

I always give fruit you should see their litte faces lite up !

allthegear
    Free Member

A handful of cola bottles, liberally sprinkled with Picolax??

emma82
    Free Member

lol Rachel that is super mean :/

allthepies
    Free Member

Say: Fark orf.
    Give: Clip round the ear.

ivnickkate
    Free Member

I live in a cemetery, so we don’t get guisers [ trick or treaters ].

tazzymtb

oi pop, that was out of order I’m a proper gentleman, unlike you wot is a ruffian from pottery land 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Normally give them a lucky dip out of a big tub of sweets – Celebrations this year that we found in a sale as they are near their sell by.

Then I say “Clear Off!”

Mind you, last year after all the local little kids had been round before 7pm, about 9pm there was a knock on the door, and I was greeted by the sight of four young ladies old enough to know better dressed as “sexy witches” or some such. They only got the chocolates too.

With hindsight, I should have told them to come back the next night when the missus was out…..

TheBrick
    Free Member

Ahh Halloween the time of the year when is socially acceptable to get children to perform acts of extortion.

MoreCashThanDash

My kids seem to manage it most of the year, to be fair…

womble72
    Free Member

Just spray ‘Paedo Scum’ across your front door, that seems to keep the kids n parents away

zippykona

Load of old toilet,bloody trick or treat. I know it’s regarded as American but it originated in Yorkshire.
    It’s still kids begging for sweets from strangers. BUGGER OFF.
    Why can’t we have penny (pound) for The Guy? That used to be fun.

druidh
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    Load of old toilet,bloody trick or treat. I know it’s regarded as American but it originated in Yorkshire.

Yes, yes – it did 🙄

tazzymtb

Why can’t we have penny (pound) for The Guy? That used to be fun.

yep because celebrating the tortue and murder of someone by burning at the stake is much more fun 😆

zippykona

Ok Easter is off then as it celebrates nailing someone to a cross.

druidh
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    Ok Easter is off then as it celebrates nailing someone to a cross.

No – it really doesn’t.

Gary_C

Yesterday evening: knock at the door, so I go to see who it is. two mums & four children.

‘Trick or treat!’
    ‘Pardon?’
    ‘Trick or treat’
    ‘What’s that then?’
    ‘salloween, innit!’
    ( Look at the date on my watch )
    ‘Sorry, folks Halloween is on the 31st, on Monday, goodnight!’

tazzymtb

no it doesn’t it’s named after Eostra the saxon fertility goddess, the invading god botherers nicked the date and whacked some rubbish about their zombie resurrection over the top to convert the locals

I used to love doing it, my daughter loves doing it and I don’t resent the local kids doing it. We have a big tub of sweets and coppers to hand out. Although as kids we always did penny for the guy too – as we got older we blagged it one year and couldn’t be arsed to make a guy, so we got the smallest kid to dress up in tatty clothes and shoved him in a wheelbarrow – got rumbled a few times though.

Had none so far, they seem to stick to the actual night round here.

john_drummer
    Free Member

lights off, nobody home.

cbike
    Free Member

Guising up here and done on the 31st. We also demand a party piece, a song or a joke. Trick or Treaters are Re-educated in a government funded waterboarding campaign. Cruel but necessary to maintain our traditions and culture.

zippykona

Ok fair point about Easter. So basically the whole. Christian religion is built on lies.
    We have people ranting , raving ,hating and killing because they believe what even the church admits are lies.
    Great isn’t it.
    I’m all for giving thanks to the sun , as apart from that stuff around thermal vents it gives life to the planet.

soobalias
    Free Member

i used to tell them to **** off till i got in a scrap with a ‘father’ that didnt like my tone, that didnt go at all well….

still say its demanding money with menaces.

now i dont answer the door, if its someone i know, they will ring my mobile.

Me, Mrs STR and STR Jnr at the local pub Halloween party last night

And one of our best friends….

M6TTF
    Free Member

Chocolate coated sprouts always goes down well – just like truffles til they pop one in their gob 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘trick or treat. what do you say and give ?’ is closed to new replies.