Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Triban 500SE Road Bike…. Guards?
  • grenosteve
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to find something for my birthday (in May) for quite a while, and I think I’ve decided to upgrade my commuter.

I’m a bit fed up with the Cannondale badboy 26″, it’s heavy and slow!

I found this on the decathlon website, which looks like a bargain, and its had great reviews –

Triban 500SE

I know it won’t be great, but it’s fine for 15 mile commutes and the odd 30mile weekend ride… Question is, could I fit guards to it?

It doesn’t have long reach brakes, but it does have eyelets on the forks and drop outs. Is there a combination of tyre size and mudguards that would fit?

Otherwise, I’m going to get a Surly LHT 26″ frame and swap the badboy bits over. Still will be a heavy 26″ road bike though…. not ideal.

Thanks for any advice.

pondo

My boss has got one, great bit of kit for the money. It won’t be for a week or two, but next time I see it, I’ll have a guess. I’d ask him but he won’t know…

grenosteve
    Free Member

Ta, I think I may have found some giant guards that would fit? –

RustyMac

Those Giant Defy guards work really well, i have them on my road bike and have been very impressed with them.

grenosteve
    Free Member

I’m a bit confused by them tbh…. the metal plate bit looks wider/bigger than the actual mudguard. Sure it works somehow though…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Triban 500SE Road Bike…. Guards?’ is closed to new replies.